Wish 2 pitch blocks please

+1000 for this one please!

My last couple of gigs we've played some Mötley Crüe songs and it's really useful to use the Capo mode to drop down 1 full step BUT I really wish there was a 2nd Pitch Block for doing pitch detuning 🙏🏼.

PS:
Maybe just make a new block called CAPO or TUNING just for this OR include that option in the Input block 👍🏼.

If FAS implements the gapless switching on presets it probably would be less needed because you could use a rhythm preset w whammy and a separate lead preset with harmonies
True. But you'd still only be using one block that way. You can do that now. The reason for two pitch blocks is for example, to use virtual capo to tune down for a song AND also still use another pitch effect like whammy, or octaver, or harmony stuff while simultaneously being tuned down. This is currently why my board has a Digitech Drop pedal.

True. But you'd still only be using one block that way. You can do that now. The reason for two pitch blocks is for example, to use virtual capo to tune down for a song AND also still use another pitch effect like whammy, or octaver, or harmony stuff while simultaneously being tuned down. This is currently why my board has a Digitech Drop pedal.
Someone posted a workaround for that the other day
You just use the Advanced whammy for both you set the low limit to what the tuning is
And then use the whammy as normal to bend up when you step on it
I would have to look for post but makes sense

Someone posted a workaround for that the other day
You just use the Advanced whammy for both you set the low limit to what the tuning is
And then use the whammy as normal to bend up when you step on it
I would have to look for post but makes sense
I read that. Pretty clever work around for whammy use.

Do you think 2 pitch blocks is even possible on the FM9, technical and memory wise? I have no idea. If so, why didn't Fractal choose to have two pitch blocks in the FM9 from the start?

Why?

I've posted this before, but my suspicion is that a second pitch detector may require too much processing power... Not the Pitch block itself but the part doing the detection.
Hm. That might be true. Not sure how that is handled in the AxeFX and how that relates to the FM9.

However in all the times I've seen it come up, I haven't seen where they said anything to indicate it can't be done...only that it wouldn't. I'd have expected them to say so if it wasn't possible. I could be mistaken on that and it's certainly possible they did say so and I missed it.

Hm. That might be true. Not sure how that is handled in the AxeFX and how that relates to the FM9.

However in all the times I've seen it come up, I haven't seen where they said anything to indicate it can't be done...only that it wouldn't. I'd have expected them to say so if it wasn't possible. I could be mistaken on that and it's certainly possible they did say so and I missed it.

Yes. I never heard that it cannot be done. But I don’t think anyone from Fractal ever commented on the two pitch block thing. I think it’s just a strange decision that they only included one pitch block in the FM9. For me it’s a real dealbreaker unfortunately.

There are a bunch of other effects blocks that I don't use that I could use 2 of those instead... maybe put it under that Reverb CPU and if you use it you can't use the reverb on top quality. Just a crazy thought.

Back
Top Bottom