Wish 2 pitch blocks please

I would love a streamlined second pitch block. Right now I save the pitch block for the virtual capo, in case I need to jam with people who are tuned up from me, I have a Digitech Drop for lower tunings. A less CPU intensive block for things like a 1 voice Octave or (for my case) a simple version of a whammy so I don't have to carry one on my pedal board do the double duty thing with my expression pedal for whammy/wah.

Yes. I could see going to external delay/verb to make room for a second pitch block.

However, I was told by someone on this forum that Fractal dedicates 1 core to amp modeling, 1 core to delay, and 1 core to reverb. On an FM9T that leaves 1 core left over for everything else? If this is true that's why you only get 1 pitch block. I guess that would mean external modulation pedals instead of external delays/verbs to make room for a second pitch block. So if the dedicated core thing is true then I am not as excited about a 2nd pitch block. There are some great and very versatile delay & reverb pedals, but I don't want to have to go back to a gaggle of modulation pedals on my board.

Yes. I could see going to external delay/verb to make room for a second pitch block.

However, I was told by someone on this forum that Fractal dedicates 1 core to amp modeling, 1 core to delay, and 1 core to reverb. On an FM9T that leaves 1 core left over for everything else? If this is true that's why you only get 1 pitch block. I guess that would mean external modulation pedals instead of external delays/verbs to make room for a second pitch block. So if the dedicated core thing is true then I am not as excited about a 2nd pitch block. There are some great and very versatile delay & reverb pedals, but I don't want to have to go back to a gaggle of modulation pedals on my board.
I'm pickin up what you are putting down. for me I have a very specific reason, so I dont have to put the whammy pedal on my pedal board (smaller foot print). I can do what I did with my AF2 set up and have both a wah & whammy block tied to the same expression and use an external switch to select which one the mixer block routes to.

It wouldn't be an issue if I did not want to save the pitch block for the Capo abilities, for tuning up from 1/2 to standard, for my Octaves I actually like the Ring Mod block better. I have a digitech drop pedal for tuning down, which works great for live use, I just haven't found anything that works well for tuning up.

I created a preset yesterday to try a better approach on a "Freqout" pedal (for simulated feedback). I am still refining it but it sounds much better and is way less glitchy than the approach using a synth block. You have to have 4.01 Beta loaded up since it relies on the new Optical Sustainer compressor. But it is sweet and far more forgiving than the synth block approach. The synth approach is single note for the most part. With a pitch block (Advanced Whammy) and the Optical Sustainer it is polyphonic - so feedback on double stops, chords, whatever. Blend in the pitch block level with your expression pedal and bingo very convincing and NOT glitchy feedback.

I want to tweak it to convincingly modulate the pitch between 7 semitones, 12 semitones and 19 semitones. But now everywhere I use this I will not have an option to use a pitch block for anything else. :confused:

And for leads I can see using it alot!

new-freqout.png

However, I was told by someone on this forum that Fractal dedicates 1 core to amp modeling, 1 core to delay, and 1 core to reverb. On an FM9T that leaves 1 core left over for everything else? If this is true that's why you only get 1 pitch block.
It's very true... Although it doesn't really answer why we get only 1 pitch block.

There are enough other blocks and instances of those blocks to overwhelm that core without the Pitch block at all.

More likely it's regarding the pitch detection itself... But it's never been confirmed.

It's very true... Although it doesn't really answer why we get only 1 pitch block.

There are enough other blocks and instances of those blocks to overwhelm that core without the Pitch block at all.

More likely it's regarding the pitch detection itself... But it's never been confirmed.
I guess its a pretty safe bet that if they could do it they would, and if they can do it they will.

I guess its a pretty safe bet that if they could do it they would, and if they can do it they will.

I am not sure about that. Is that confirmed?
Can't agree more with this wish. That's one thing that keeps me from buying the FM9. I use two pitch blocks a lot and I don't want having to buy and bringing along an extra pitch shifter pedal if I buy an expensive machine like the FM9.

I am not sure about that. Is that confirmed?
Can't agree more with this wish. That's one thing that keeps me from buying the FM9. I use two pitch blocks a lot and I don't want having to buy and bringing along an extra pitch shifter pedal if I buy an expensive machine like the FM9.
I was only making an observation based on my short experience with Fractal (since mid March). They seem to be a company which invests a good amount of effort continuously improving their existing product lines (examplex: dyna-cabs, recent FM9 4.01 firmware additions, etc.).

So I am sure if it is technically feasible and desired by enough of their customers then a second pitch block could become a reality. That is what I meant by "if they can they will".

Back
Top Bottom