2+ AxeFx Club

diggi

Inspired
I am blessed to have received my second AxeFx Ultra, and am stoked at the immense sonic possibilities of using more than one for stage, recording or just jamming with others. With so many questions on how to switch between the two, to controlling both with a single midi foot controller to.......

I then began to wonder who else might be hoarding a second (or so) AxeFx in their guitar amp/effects stable.

Do you own more than 1 AxeFx? If so, what is that called? (possessing more than one AxeFx) - there HAS to be a term, no? (blessed, yes - but what else?)

Joel

AlbertA said:
Do you own more than 1 AxeFx? If so, what is that called?

Wealthy :lol:

One might easily conclude this, but indeed I sold many, many pieces of gear to buy both units. In fact, here is the rig I USED to own, but is now replaced by two AxeFx Ultra's:

rigright.jpg

I accumulated all of that gear over time.

~ Diggi

I own two. One Ultra and a Standard. The Ultra is in the bands practice room, the other is at home and hooked up to my computer.
And yes, I feel blessed. :D

two here... i call the second one "backup" and it also serves as an "emergency source of cash if I really need it" and then triples as a demo unit for my friends to borrow -- thinking of integrating it permanently as a hardware recording effects chain for all my signals, but i'm still kinda keen on getting a Kaoss Pad for that purpose.

Another dual ultra user:) started out as a backup ,but is now in use all the time :roll:

First ultra does pedals-amp-fx (output1 di out acoustic,output2 electric to ultra2)
Second ultra does cab,spaces,ambient,texture(output 2 cabs without simulation,output 1 cab simulation di out to foh)
patch 1-20 acoustic(only ultra 1 in use) 21-71 electric both ultras
midi link, both units change to the same program number
Second ultra have some rescue patches from 101-110 as backup if unit 1 goes down.
needed backup and the most convenient way to get around this for me was to get a second ultra.
Less programing and the backup is exactly as good as the main amp :)
Works quite nice :)

Sture

diggi said:
I am blessed to have received my second AxeFx Ultra, and am stoked at the immense sonic possibilities of using more than one for stage, recording or just jamming with others. With so many questions on how to switch between the two, to controlling both with a single midi foot controller to.......

I then began to wonder who else might be hoarding a second (or so) AxeFx in their guitar amp/effects stable.

Do you own more than 1 AxeFx? If so, what is that called? (possessing more than one AxeFx) - there HAS to be a term, no? (blessed, yes - but what else?)

Joel

Cursed? :twisted:
Now all I want to do is play with my two Ultras and Atomic FRs...and MFC-101
yup I'm cursed

Did you keep that Mesa Strategy 400 to power
your Ultras with?

That would sound awesome! I once got to play
a Standard thru at Strategy 500, and I've never
recovered (in the best way).

Back
Top Bottom