2 amp limitation

rabies

Why is there a 2 amp limitation on the AFXII? I'd like to run 1-4 amps in a preset. Is this planned for a future release or FW update? thx

It's all about processing power, man. Even just using two amps drains the Axe Fx's resources, and the resolution drops slightly to accommodate the load. Think about it- the vast majority of this box is dedicated to simulating every aspect of a real amp. Now you want two of them? Now you want four?

I'd really like to have four amps running at once (ala Joe Bonamassa, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, etc.) but I don't think the Axe can handle it yet. But then again, what do I know? I can only say what I've heard/read from others...

at this price point i would expect 2-4 amps yes. otherwise, we'll be seeing in the future for a similar price point i'm guessing. but for my needs, 1 wet and 1 dry is sufficient (if I can get it to sound as good as my tube amp setup)

It does not sound like you really need more amps for that, sounds like a question of routing.

Edit: Something like this? ( I know it's not an AXEII patch, but for this it should not matter too much.)

Jens

Attachments

• WDW brownface.jpg
    WDW brownface.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
hmm. i didn't see more than 2 amps in that pic. anyways, i'm also concerned that the warranty is too short (1 yr vs. 5 yr mesa)

you know, does the axe fx ultra support 2 simul amps as well? if it does, maybe i can return the XL for refund and buy a used Ultra for half the price....

hmm. i didn't see more than 2 amps in that pic. anyways, i'm also concerned that the warranty is too short (1 yr vs. 5 yr mesa)

No, since the point is that you don't need more than 2 amps to make a wet dry wet setup with an axe, but you do need to know how to use the unit.
Try to look at the picture again and figure out what is going on and which signals goes where.

Jens

I've had my AxeFX2 for almost 3 years with moderate amounts of gigging and I've never had a problem. Those few times I've seen people report problems I've always seen posts after the fact reporting how great Fractal Audio' customer service is. Fractal customer service is exceptionally good. They care about their customers and their reputation. I wouldn't worry about buying a Fractal product.

The cheap way is to buy TWO (or more) Axe FXs!

Imagine how much hassle and expense to set up and maintain a 4 amp all-tube live/touring rig?

No offense to anyone, just a quick humble observation. I only say this because I'm new to modeling and gear in general but some of the expectations and at time sense of entitlement, completely blow my mind.

Exactly

I'd really like to have four amps running at once (ala Joe Bonamassa, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, etc.) but I don't think the Axe can handle it yet. But then again, what do I know? I can only say what I've heard/read from others...

Joe Bonamassa never runs 4 amps at the same time. He always combine two and one of the four (or six amps) he has on stage is on for most of the show. The rest of the amps are selected in different combinations.

But we always want more, don't we? :)

Keep rocking!

We have a 24 channel mixer board, and are only using 14 with my axe fx in stereo, so I guess I would really want to run 12 amps at once!

No offense to anyone, just a quick humble observation. I only say this because I'm new to modeling and gear in general but some of the expectations and at time sense of entitlement, completely blow my mind.

No offense to anyone, but sometimes the way that people throw around the word entitlement completely blows my mind.

Back
Top Bottom