2 amp limitation

Whenever I’ve seen wet/dry/wet rigs, that’s always been with a dry amp in the middle and just stereo effects (delay, …) in the wet cabs. I can’t remember if I’ve ever seen wet/dry/wet run with two different guitar amps. And if you want to run 2 amps and get wet/dry/dry/wet, that shouldn’t be a problem either, that would just be a matter of routing say the wet mix in stereo on Output 2, and amp 1 panned left, amp 2 panned right on Output 1. Then you’d just need to get like 4 CLR’s and you’d be good to go!

I really am only needing 2 amps in parallel in one patch for now. I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to do 4. Tool runs 3 amps on 10000 days album as per the producer.

I really am only needing 2 amps in parallel in one patch for now. I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to do 4. Tool runs 3 amps on 10000 days album as per the producer.

There is one entire processor dedicated to amp modeling. It will only ever be able be able to handle 2 amps.
If you need 4 amps for recording, just record another track. If you want the exact performance, reamp.

if you just need 4 amps in a patch where you only need one or two active in the patch, you can do that with the X/Y feature in the amp block. That give you 4 amps with 2 able to be active at a given time.

if you need more than that at the same, you would need more than one axe-fx or other amp/modeller.

There is one entire processor dedicated to amp modeling. It will only ever be able be able to handle 2 amps.
If you need 4 amps for recording, just record another track. If you want the exact performance, reamp.

if you just need 4 amps in a patch where you only need one or two active in the patch, you can do that with the X/Y feature in the amp block. That give you 4 amps with 2 able to be active at a given time.

if you need more than that at the same, you would need more than one axe-fx or other amp/modeller.

That's a cool feature. I hadn't thought of using it like that before and used to limit myself to the single amp and separate patches for others. Time to rethink a wee bit! :)

Back
Top Bottom