12ma vs. 8ma - envelope please - and the winner is....

Hey Scott, my pair of 8ma's just arrived today - I am jazzed! So, what is your preferred PEQ setting post cab to give me a starting place to experiment with?

thx
-richard

Scott Peterson said:
Clawfinger IR's mostly, some stock, all with a PEQ following them.

Scott, what do you find yourself doing with PEQ? What frequencies generally do you find need boosting/cutting? Or does it all depend on the sound you're trying to get?

Groovey Records said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":3mag66s1]Clawfinger IR's mostly, some stock, all with a PEQ following them.
what he says[/quote:3mag66s1]
So does *anyone* have Clawfinger's entire IR collection, that they could share? I've seen a few sharing whatever they had collected, but the contents are from various sources (I think)... I have about 6 or 7 of Clawfinger's IRs because, at the time, I naively believed he would leave them there indefinitely. Now I beat myself for not having downloaded the entire collection.

Anyone? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

jiagap said:
Hey Scott, my pair of 8ma's just arrived today - I am jazzed! So, what is your preferred PEQ setting post cab to give me a starting place to experiment with?

thx
-richard

No post EQ. Don't need any. Set 'em flat and have at it.

fandyboy said:
Scott Peterson said:
Clawfinger IR's mostly, some stock, all with a PEQ following them.

Scott, what do you find yourself doing with PEQ? What frequencies generally do you find need boosting/cutting? Or does it all depend on the sound you're trying to get?

VERY dependant on your guitar and your hands; your tone and everything else.

For ME I tend to dip a bit at 600Hz (about -1.7db with a Q of 7.5) and boost at about 1,600kHz (about +2.0db with a Q of 1.00). Please use your ears, not your eyes.

Dpoirier said:
Groovey Records said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":2wcza4tq]Clawfinger IR's mostly, some stock, all with a PEQ following them.
what he says
So does *anyone* have Clawfinger's entire IR collection, that they could share? I've seen a few sharing whatever they had collected, but the contents are from various sources (I think)... I have about 6 or 7 of Clawfinger's IRs because, at the time, I naively believed he would leave them there indefinitely. Now I beat myself for not having downloaded the entire collection.

Anyone? Pretty please? With sugar on top?[/quote:2wcza4tq]

I do not have them all. I did the same as you, I picked and chose and use what I use... mainly two of them.

Dpoirier said:
Groovey Records said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":1kok17f8]Clawfinger IR's mostly, some stock, all with a PEQ following them.
what he says

Anyone? Pretty please? With sugar on top?[/quote:1kok17f8]
look around here, someone I can't recall who but they where up last week with a time limit to down load

Voes has a 4+ Mb .zip up somewhere that includes 58 Clawfinger cabs. Don't know if that's all of them. I have amassed 922 cab IRs and I have no idea of where to start and how to get into auditioning them.

Back
Top Bottom