12.08 Pitch shifter latency - tremendous improvement

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
I did a quick measurement, I recorded OUT1/2 and USB 5 (dry input) to measure the relative latency when the virtual capo is on at -7.

Here's 12.07 with an A power chord - Looks like about 65ms.

VirtualCapo_FW12.07_latency.PNG

And here's with 12.08 beta 3 - About 8 ms

VirtualCapo_FW12.08beta3_latency.PNG

Last edited:
Wow, 8ms latency is about the same time as it takes sound to travel 8 feet. So that should not be an issue assuming you are used to standing a sensible distance from your cab when playing.

Wow, 8ms latency is about the same time as it takes sound to travel 8 feet. So that should not be an issue assuming you are used to standing a sensible distance from your cab when playing.
Of course if you play led the pitch block though the cab it would be 16ms. I can live with that. A high improvement from before.

hmmm, for an open low E string, 8 ms shouldn't be possible :). I'll wait for the public release to check it out, but that sounds very impressive.

I just can't even express how amazing this new Pitch block is. It's literally (probably) the best in the world. Blows my H9 and Helix out of the water - I've never owned a Whammy or Drop but haven't been terribly impressed with what I've tried. This is just insane!

Only thing I need now is another pitch block!
Running pitch 1 for my freqout tone with an FC6 footswitch..... dialed in the VC for Pitch 2 on a program switch..... but can't use the whammy with my third footswitch. :(
Couldn't get a block change that would work without messing up one of the others.

Same A-chord, same -7 virtual capo shift but with 12.08 beta 4 - Looks like about 3ms of latency now

Beta4-latency.png

AoVybka.gif

Back
Top Bottom