12.08, not clean anymore....

I've been using the JC 120 clean since day one and it's always been super clean, even with humbuckers. :wink:

I thought JP used a Fender for his cleans...🤔

JP has always used a Boogie for his cleans. He used to use the MKIV, MKV and Lonestar amps. He used the Triaxis as well for a little while. The JPIIC in the Axe FX III is modelled from his actual signature head and the head is based on his own JP2C+ he owns. I'm sure others will chime in here. I'm suppose to know being a fan and all lol but I can't seem to remember. That's correct isn't it?

His signature Boogie head is 3 channels Clean (Green Chan), Crunch (Yellow Channel) and lead (Red Channel).

He uses 2 heads in stereo along with the Axe FX III for all his delays, modulation effects etc.

Last edited:
JP has always used a Boogie for his cleans. He used to use the MKIV, MKV and Lonestar amps. He used the Triaxis as well for a little while. The JPIIC is modelled from his actual Boogie 2C+ he owns I think. I'm sure others will chime in here. Is it from his JP2C+ or from his actual JP2C signature head? I'm suppose to know being a fan and all lol but I can't seem to remember.

His signature Boogie head is 3 channels Clean (Green Chan), Crunch (Yellow Channel) and lead (Red Channel).

He uses 2 heads in stereo along with the Axe FX III for all his delays, modulation effects etc.

JP is a paid endorser of boogie amps, so of course he doesn’t talk about what else he might happen to use in the studio.

(for the record - i think it’s a good thing that he‘s able to get paid as a musician. i’m not sure he needs a new signature guitar and pickups every year or two...)

JP is a paid endorser of boogie amps, so of course he doesn’t talk about what else he might happen to use in the studio.

(for the record - i think it’s a good thing that he‘s able to get paid as a musician. i’m not sure he needs a new signature guitar and pickups every year or two...)

I meant what he was using live. I'm sure he's free to use anything he wants when he records. I'm sure he said in an interview when he was recording the last album he used the JP2C for everything.

I meant what he was using live. I'm sure he's free to use anything he wants when he records. I'm sure he said in an interview when he was recording the last album he used the JP2C for everything.

It must be so limiting to be stuck using a $3000, personally tailored Mesa Boogie. /S

It must be so limiting to be stuck using a $3000, personally tailored Mesa Boogie. /S

You can get some different tones from his Boogie they aren't just used for JP's style of playing. A lot of players who don't play that style of music use one.

You can get some different tones from his Boogie they aren't just used for JP's style of playing. A lot of players who don't play that style of music use one.

I'm not sure if you noticed but I just want to be clear. The /s at the end of my post was to indicate sarcasm. The JP2C is a wonderful amp and I'm sure it can do all styles. To suggest JP is cheating on it with fenders in the studio makes me laugh. Who knows, maybe he does. Makes no difference to me. I have no doubts that amp is up to the task for all kinds of music.

I'm not sure if you noticed but I just want to be clear. The /s at the end of my post was to indicate sarcasm. The JP2C is a wonderful amp and I'm sure it can do all styles. To suggest JP is cheating on it with fenders in the studio makes me laugh. Who knows, maybe he does. Makes no difference to me. I have no doubts that amp is up to the task for all kinds of music.

Lol I just saw it! Sorry about that I read you post too quick.

I have noticed the same thing going back to 12.06. I thought it might have been the older factory presets so I uploaded the most recent but got the same overdrive on the clean channels. I tried lowering the input AD level but that had little effect. I even compared what I get to Cooper Carter's 10 Clean Presets YT video and there is definitely a difference.

I don't know if this helps but I downgraded back to 11.0 and it seemed to get better but I lost all my FC12 settings so I restored the global-fc.syx file (can't remember the full name) and the volume of the preset I was playing went up and the overdrive came back. My FC is still on 1.09, would that have any effect?

If I back down my guitar volume knob I can get it pretty clean but would like to know what's causing this.
Just installed. 12.09 with the new presets and it is MUCH better. With my input level at mid range the cleans sound so much better with just a tinge of break up which cleans up and when I back down my guitar volume. Perfect ! Thanks Fractal Wizards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom