Upgrade All Presets utility

gaaarfild

I have an FM3 and FM9. When I got the latest beta update for FM3, I used "Upgrade All Presets" in the Setup > Utilities menu. When I installed the latest firmware on FM9, I wanted to do the same, but didn't find it on FM9. Does it mean that everything is already upgraded?

No. If I am remembering correctly, that utility was added to the FM3 several firmware revisions ago, when there was a special need to save all presets. It was never added to the FM9.

In fact the latest update for the FM9 applies the new amp parameter settings automatically. You can of course load and save your presets manually, or do a round trip using Fractal-Bot and Manage Presets.

No. If I am remembering correctly, that utility was added to the FM3 several firmware revisions ago, when there was a special need to save all presets. It was never added to the FM9.

In fact the latest update for the FM9 applies the new amp parameter settings automatically. You can of course load and save your presets manually, or do a round trip using Fractal-Bot and Manage Presets.
Thank you! Then I guess I'm good :)

@gaaarfild, I made a screen capture video showing how to use FM9-Edit's Manage Presets to re-save all of your presets under the installed firmware version. This might also be handy for anyone who skipped version 6 and wants to ensure that their presets are ready for gapless switching.

Here's the file:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/Manage-Presets-Save-All.mp4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom