Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna give this amp a go again this afternoon based on this. I have tried it occasionally on it's factory preset, and it was pretty cool, but I'm gonna build a new user preset from scratch, and bust out my LTD Iron Cross. I'm thinking any V30 recto/slant/ straight i.r..even an oversized might do nicely. Or maybe an Engl cab. Anything you recommend cab wise man?
My cab of choice has been a blend of ML Sound Lab's BEST IR in the World (free IR that you can find on the forum) and a 57 and 421 from ML's Mega-Green cab pack. But any decent V30 IR should do the trick IMO. I also like Factory Bank 2 #1005 which is a lone 57 from the same pack that the "Best IR in the World" comes from.

Re. FAS Modern, try this rather simple preset:

Attachments

• Gainiac.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Does anyone else notice that since this update, the two dynamic mic options in the dynacab blocks are exactly the same sound? No change in them at all. They used to have a difference. Now when making a cab block they dont. Is it just me? It doesnt seem to matter which cab is chosen either.
They sound similar but they are not identical. They sound and measure differently.

Regardless, there were no changes to the cabinet block and it is behaving the same as the previous firmware.

Gets nicely clean with the guitar volume up too ;) my clean tone was a 2203 preamp at 1.5 master at 8 into a 412. Sounded great - drive pedal for drive.
That’s right. I love my 2203. It’s a 1981, and arguably the best amp Marshall ever made.

I was responding to the master control distorts at 1 comment, suggesting that the pre-amp control was probably too high.

Dense guy here.

Does this mean when updating most settings we’ve tuned will stay the same and the parameters identified in the update notes will change to their new values? Or do we need to rework each preset from all new default values?

Does this mean when updating most settings we’ve tuned will stay the same and the parameters identified in the update notes will change to their new values? Or do we need to rework each preset from all new default values?
Your first statement -- only the updated parameters change automatically. Up to you if you wish to "rework" them further based on how they sound to you.

My cab of choice has been a blend of ML Sound Lab's BEST IR in the World (free IR that you can find on the forum) and a 57 and 421 from ML's Mega-Green cab pack. But any decent V30 IR should do the trick IMO. I also like Factory Bank 2 #1005 which is a lone 57 from the same pack that the "Best IR in the World" comes from.

Wow man, we have similar taste/ears it seems. Nice preset and dial in, almost exactly how I would do it. Thanks for the suggestions, made it my own with a few of your suggestions 💪😎

Last edited:
I checked several cabs and I definitely hear a difference between Dynamic 1 and 2. DynaCabs are updated independently of the DSP firmware, so it's probably unlikely that this update broke them. Were you on a clean or dirty preset when you tried this? The difference between the mics would be more obvious with a dirty amp.

I tried with different cabs and amps at different gains. I don't think it'd be an issue with the dynacab issue itself, but a bug in the mic selection where it's not referencing the right mic. Anyway Cliff says it's working as expected.

I tried with different cabs and amps at different gains. I don't think it'd be an issue with the dynacab issue itself, but a bug in the mic selection where it's not referencing the right mic. Anyway Cliff says it's working as expected.
I used the display and knobs of AXE FX III. Did you use Axe Edit? Possibly this is the issue?

Sorry for the following stupid question - but all I see on my amp list is an AC-20. Are you guys talking about the CLASS-A 30W (Vox AC30) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom