Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you NEVER press save, the new defaults wiil constantly be applied to that preset until you save.
posting this again. old version presets will always keep loading the defaults. if you don't save, and come back to the preset, it loads the defaults yet again. and so on.

I'm sure this is intuitive to many, but in case you hadn't thought to try recently, because of the latest updates I highly recommend revisiting amps you haven't gelled with before. You may be surprised. For a long time I was a 5150 guy, then 5150-II, but I've found with the new update I actually prefer the high gain Ecstasy with the bright off. For cleans and blues rock tones I had been going for the Trainwreck Rocket, but I'm now preferring the Deluxe Reverb. Just a thought, but the feel is different enough now to breathe new life for me with models I had previously dismissed.

PS I love all the Friedmans regardless of firmware haha.

I've also found that, in many cases, I bond with different amps after a major firmware/modelling upgrade, and replace some in my main gig presets.

I always go through every amp in the box for that reason post upgrade, and tend to find the modeling improvements seem to reveal themselves a bit more on the clean/mild-to-mid breakup NMV amps where everything is more open, but not exclusively.

The Deluxe Reverb is an enigma for me on the Fractal platform lol. I sometimes find an amp I like better (for my clean/blues tones) and am currently using the 6G4 for that role. Over the years, however, I've come back to the Deluxe Verb several times and it then lives in my main preset for a while...maybe for a couple of years...maybe for a few months.

I love connecting with different amps after a big update...it's a blast to be surprised and go "ahhhhhh, that's niiiiiiiiice"....!

Oh yea, the Friedman's have been consistently pretty cool indeed over the years and different firmware versions too I agree...

Last edited:
Ok so I had a rehearsal yesterday, Cygnus X-3 tones spot on, 2 band members didn’t know I had installed the new update, both came in to me and said the tones sounded great, cool tones and cool effects they said, I stayed silent but immediately I noticed the tone difference and improvement playing with the band which made not only me sound better BUT the whole band sound better. In one preset the JTM45 I noticed it sounded with less volume, I raised the volume and nothing major. I tried today a preset from Tom Quayle and it sounds really good, orgasmically good, tomorrow I plan to try the fender cleans, much raved for.

I'm sure this is intuitive to many, but in case you hadn't thought to try recently, because of the latest updates I highly recommend revisiting amps you haven't gelled with before. You may be surprised. For a long time I was a 5150 guy, then 5150-II, but I've found with the new update I actually prefer the high gain Ecstasy with the bright off. For cleans and blues rock tones I had been going for the Trainwreck Rocket, but I'm now preferring the Deluxe Reverb. Just a thought, but the feel is different enough now to breathe new life for me with models I had previously dismissed.

PS I love all the Friedmans regardless of firmware haha.
Oh man, THANK you for this post. I just tried out the Ecstasy for the first time in forever and it's so much better than I remember.

Another observation, I noticed a volume drop when I change the preamp type in the cab block, none to tube or vintage there is a considerable volume loss

Anyone else notice that the ODS-100 Ford model got really quiet? I mean like practically inaudible at stock settings. Noticed this with the beta 2 version as well. Reloaded the beta 3 version twice, as I did with the beta 2 version, but still the same faint whisper from an amp that used to almost roar at default settings. I know Cliff stated Cygnus 3 was a significant change to the algorithm and that's fine. But am I doing something wrong?

Edit: sorry, meant beta 2 and beta 1....ugh, not enough coffee this morning.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that the ODS-100 Ford model got really quiet? I mean like practically inaudible at stock settings. Noticed this with the beta 2 version as well. Reloaded the beta 3 version twice, as I did with the beta 2 version, but still the same faint whisper from an amp that used to almost roar at default settings. I know Cliff stated Cygnus 3 was a significant change to the algorithm and that's fine. But am I doing something wrong?
I have a couple presets based on that model and haven’t seen that problem. Share the preset and we can look to see if we can find what is going on.

Edit: sorry, meant beta 2 and beta 1....ugh, not enough coffee this morning.
The Ford PAB Mid is even quieter. You're doing nothing wrong. Just turn up the Amp level.

I have a couple presets based on that model and haven’t seen that problem. Share the preset and we can look to see if we can find what is going on.
Here's one I just now created. ODS-100 Ford, stock settings, with legacy 105 cab also at stock settings.

Attachments

• ODS-100 Ford StockSettings.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
The Ford PAB Mid is even quieter. You're doing nothing wrong. Just turn up the Amp level.
Noticed that as well on the PAB Mid version. I can get both louder by increasing either MV and/or Amp Level. Never used to have to do that. However, if this is the correct, more accurate behavior for these models, I'm fine with it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was doing.

Ok as an FM9 owner and huge Bogner fan please refrain for further teasing

I wonder did FAS update that model beyond the Cygnus 3
Dunno, I just remember thinking it was muddy and nothing but midrange in the past, but now it just sings. Could be my ears, could be different IRs, could be Cygnus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom