AFIII "Limelight" - Rush Cover 🎼🎸🥁

diezel013

Inspired
Howdy folks... Had the pleasure of playing this Rush classic with my friends Joe Calderone (Arch Echo) and Kyle Brian Abbott (Vigil of War/Diezel). Used my Alex Lifeson preset on the Axe FX III for the guitar. Was planning to use my JP Music Man but a string broke during the first take, so I went with my trusty Strat (pretty bright sounding, but it got the job done). Video link below!!!

We will be releasing a cover of Red Barchetta later this month... I plan to share the preset with you soon. Hope ya dig what you see/hear!!! 😄

Really nice job Diego...Love to hear more of your music. I was also wondering if you were really recording your Axe FX III through the 4x12 Marshall that is mic'd in the background of the video?

Last edited:
Howdy folks... Had the pleasure of playing this Rush classic with my friends Joe Calderone (Arch Echo) and Kyle Brian Abbott (Vigil of War/Diezel). Used my Alex Lifeson preset on the Axe FX III for the guitar. Was planning to use my JP Music Man but a string broke during the first take, so I went with my trusty Strat (pretty bright sounding, but it got the job done). Video link below!!!

We will be releasing a cover of Red Barchetta later this month... I plan to share the preset with you soon. Hope ya dig what you see/hear!!! 😄

Diego you guys sound awesome you nailed the Limelight Great Job to the whole Band.

Really nice job Diego...Love to hear more of your music. I was also wondering if you were really recording your Axe FX III through the 4x12 Marshall that is mic'd in the background of the video?
Hi there Lancer. My Boogie Mark IV and the Marshall Cabs were my go - to’s before I got the Axe FX III. I use them from time to time but more for original stuff.

For cover gigs/projects I find the Axe FX is just so convenient and flexible that I usually don’t even bother incorporating my actual amp/cabs.

I generally share a lot of the presets with other users so they can try em out and maybe use them if they like them. I put out a Alex Lifeson patch last year but sometimes I change same things up or revise the sound to see if can improve it.

Thanks for checking it out. All the best 🙏🎵

Back
Top Bottom