FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

Did you do a Refresh After New Firmware?
Help! Downloaded from beta version to the 3.02...after I did that in editor I can't insert any blocks!

I go to the blocks tab, and try to insert any block and it won't. I also can't load from my blocks Library or recall. I can open the quick build tab and drag and drop a block, but I can't go to insert , choose the block I want, and insert it.

I tried reloading the newest version of editor, no good....any thoughts?
I agree this is a problem on my MAC as well. The work around using the control key is successful, but the pull down menu on Axe Edit does now allow you to insert blocks on its own. Not a major problem, but would be nice to fix. (Yes I did a refresh after the update - thanks for that reminder).

Reactions: KCE
I agree this is a problem on my MAC as well. The work around using the control key is successful, but the pull down menu on Axe Edit does now allow you to insert blocks on its own. Not a major problem, but would be nice to fix. (Yes I did a refresh after the update - thanks for that reminder).
To clarify - this happens on both the 3.02 beta and the new 3.02.

i don't think it was a presumption, but a reaction to a customer request to add it there.

i would guess they could add the other one in there too if enough people asked
i don't think it was a presumption, but a reaction to a customer request to add it there.

i would guess they could add the other one in there too if enough people asked.
Having the factory 3 button layout AND the OMG9 would make life easier when switching from using an FC6 to not uonboard

Yeah I'll do that , I'll know more when plugged up to the monitors this weekend.
Just having the option at my foot to adjust volume if needed. At 12:00 it has always been the spot on axe fx2 mkll and AX8.
Thanks
FM3 doesn't work the same as ax2, ax8. For unity gain on output 2, turn that knob fully clockwise

Thank you FAS, for your commitment on releasing 3.02 Final, with a lot of goodies and fixes!
Now we are ready for 4.0 “Cygnus” beta on Friday. 😬
We’ll probably see our first Beta, right around when Axe3 gets their final Beta.
Most of the kinks would be worked out by then, and any remaining kinks would mostly be FM3 specific.

Thats how I’d do it, at least.

Help! Downloaded from beta version to the 3.02...after I did that in editor I can't insert any blocks!

I go to the blocks tab, and try to insert any block and it won't. I also can't load from my blocks Library or recall. I can open the quick build tab and drag and drop a block, but I can't go to insert , choose the block I want, and insert it.

I tried reloading the newest version of editor, no good....any thoughts?
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. What version of FM3-Edit are you using?

The only thing i wonder though is
if Cygnus is not out for The 3 yet
and they pulled the bias excursion part out of the FM3
there is likely a chance Cliff is making some changes to it
just a guess
Close but not quite... It requires other parts of Cygnus that have yet to be ported to the FM3.
3.02 is recommended for all customers. There's no need to avoid these fixes while you wait for Cygnus.

We’ll probably see our first Beta, right around when Axe3 gets their final Beta.
Most of the kinks would be worked out by then, and any remaining kinks would mostly be FM3 specific.

Thats how I’d do it, at least.
As I already said in another thread, The FX3 guys are our LabRats :D They report bugs and inadvertently polish the release for us to grab on Friday :cool::checkeredflag:

I would guess we stay at 3.02 for some time, stability check......maybe then after. so next Friday :)

I'm not having any problems with FM3-Edit here. (Mac Big Sur)
If you are, please make sure you're using the latest version of FM3-Edit and that you have performed Settings>Refresh After New Firmware

I'm not having any problems with FM3-Edit here. (Mac Big Sur)
If you are, please make sure you're using the latest version of FM3-Edit and that you have performed Settings>Refresh After New Firmware

We need an "Official FAS Chucklehead FAQ" stickied with this as well as other forum favorites like "I get no sound using the 2290" and "The Pitch block is broken, still can hear the original pitch", "MV too high=clipping,over compressed/ too low=now it doesn't clip BUT sounds thin and fizzy".

😅

We need an "Official FAS Chucklehead FAQ" stickied with this as well as other forum favorites like "I get no sound using the 2290" and "The Pitch block is broken, still can hear the original pitch", "MV too high=clipping,over compressed/ too low=now it doesn't clip BUT sounds thin and fizzy".

😅
Even chatbot will do good. :)

Now to access the Preset list from the unit requires three button pushes (instead of one). Is there a shorter path? Sorry, if this has been asked already. TIA.

Did you do a Refresh After New Firmware?
Thx for your reply. Yes, I did. Still no luck. I did ,however, find a work around. If I highlight a block , then hit control enter on my Mac, the same menu pops up and is responsive to my commands...I just don't know why I can't do it from the blocks drop down menu anymore....in a way, I prefer to get the menu by clicking on the block, my new preferred method! Bit it bothers me I have a option up top that says blocks...and its useless now...

Thx for your reply. Yes, I did. Still no luck. I did ,however, find a work around. If I highlight a block , then hit control enter on my Mac, the same menu pops up and is responsive to my commands...I just don't know why I can't do it from the blocks drop down menu anymore....in a way, I prefer to get the menu by clicking on the block, my new preferred method! Bit it bothers me I have a option up top that says blocks...and its useless now...
I can reproduce this now and we're looking at it.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. What version of FM3-Edit are you using?
The latest version from the site 1.03.01.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, but we might be doing something wrong.

Rotate the big nob? :D
I often use this instead of navigating through the list ...
That does absolutely no good in accessing the list (see original post):cool:. It's much easier to use the footswitches to change to a nearby preset anyway.

Reactions: JTI
The latest version from the site 1.03.01.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, but we might be doing something wrong.

So, the pick on the left , is the menu no longer responsive to commands.

The one on the right, is the same menu, but I get it by hitting Control +track pad, while highlighting the block....sorry, just want to be real clear....I actually like the new way better, but don't want this to be a sign of other things....like, oh yea, every now and then, when I try to use the drop down menu that is not working, fm 3 shuts down unexpectedly!

I reopen it fine, but all this is since I updated both the fm3 edit, and updated from the beta version of 3.02, to the full version in the same day. Those are the only 2 actions I took before this happened.

Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• 16154802849844318536687074702607.jpg
    16154802849844318536687074702607.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 16154803787334626552486184353445.jpg
    16154803787334626552486184353445.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom