Price difference between FC US/EU compared to MFC-101

Hi guys,
I must say before starting that this is not meant to be as a rude/negative/flame post.
I don't wanna offend anybody or sorts, just trying to figure out something that sounds a bit off to me.

Lots of time has passed between Axe FX 2 and Axe FX 3 but:
I've bought from G66 EU Axe Fx 2 and the MFC 101 MK2.
Tell me if I'm wrong but as far as I can recall the MFC was 800€ - 750$ on USD.

Now the new FC 12 is 699 USD, so they kept the promise or doing a cheaper pedalboard (which is awesome and which on paper I like very much and I very much would like to buy).

On the G66 EU now the FC12 is 899 €.

If my memories are not wrong about the pricing: how come that the FC12 that debuted at a lower costs than MFC101 now in Europe is 100 € more?

I don't mean to start a war, a flame post or any negative/bad stuff but I've tried the search button and I couldn't find any discussion about it.

Maybe I just recall completely wrong prices (I can't find the mail with the G66 order)

Just imagine how much it would cost with today’s exchange rates if the pricing was in line with, or even higher, than the MFC pricing was.....

I paid $749 in 2011 for an MFC in the US. I bought another one in 2014 for the same price.
Thanks a lot

Maybe it's also due to import taxes for G66 and with the new EU/USD ratio they're forced to go up...
I saw yesterday that Axe FX 3 dropped 200 USD in US and only 100€ in EU.. I guess it's not linear

As I wrote you have to consider also the 3 years warranty (1 year included in the US).

Exchange rates and global economy are a fickle beast.

Also, cell phones 15 years ago were $200, now they're $800. What's up with that?

Heads up the new FC series does no work with the older AxeFxII
I know... and that's another "meh" point, the Ethercon cable was not for free ;)
Sometimes in order to move a product forward, other products must be left behind. This is one of those instances.

The FC series pedals were designed (as far as I can tell) to be the best match for the Axe FX III. If the product was made backwards compatible with discontinued products (e.g. the Axe FX II family) compromises would have had to been made which would have affected price and/or functionality with the newest product, the Axe FX III.

Sometimes in order to move a product forward, other products must be left behind. This is one of those instances.

The FC series pedals were designed (as far as I can tell) to be the best match for the Axe FX III. If the product was made backwards compatible with discontinued products (e.g. the Axe FX II family) compromises would have had to been made which would have affected price and/or functionality with the newest product, the Axe FX III.

Good point, I was thinking the same

Back
Top Bottom