Ownhammer ultrares

Yeah I also just bought the $99.00 pack.
Through my PA, URES sounds ....wider, loving it.

i own ALL the packs OH have for sale.

And today i gave 99 dollar to FAS (and some to Kevin,i hope) again.
Thanks for all the free fw updates FAS !!

And i look forward to the New IR Studio session`s
UltraRes is the future.

Thank you. Kevin gets the lion's share of each sale. We take a small cut. My interest in UltraRes is to not make money off the IR sales but to generate content. I am trying to encourage the IR makers and the community to generate UltraRes content. We all benefit from this.

That is just not accurate. You would be spending $99 to have the files converted for you into the UltraRes format. You aren't rebuying anything. For persons who find time more valuable than money this is a great option. For those willing to wait and convert manually you get the tool for $20 that does so much more beyond UltraRes conversion. I personally viewed this whole thing as FAS along with Ownhammer offering up solutions for everyone. Win/Win/Win

Just curious. S'pose I already own all the Ownhammers but the bank/wife took away my credit card, so I can't spend that extra 20 bucks on CabLab. S'pose my buddy just bought cab pack 3 and CabLab from Fractal. Can't I just ask my buddy to send me copies of all the UltraRes versions of these IRs I already paid Kevin for? Is that illegal?

Maybe someone you know has CabLab & can do the conversion for you.

Just curious. S'pose I already own all the Ownhammers but the bank/wife took away my credit card, so I can't spend that extra 20 bucks on CabLab. S'pose my buddy just bought cab pack 3 and CabLab from Fractal. Can't I just ask my buddy to send me copies of all the UltraRes versions of these IRs I already paid Kevin for? Is that illegal?

Yes, you would be in violation of the end user license, software piracy laws and also violating copyright laws.

Thank you. Kevin gets the lion's share of each sale. We take a small cut. My interest in UltraRes is to not make money off the IR sales but to generate content. I am trying to encourage the IR makers and the community to generate UltraRes content. We all benefit from this.

Good to see a parternership of this kind. Kevin's a good dude! I too am saving up for the new Cab Pack...just have to sacrifice the next 10 beers...My belly thanks you Cliff!

I'm sort of surprised anyone is upset about having to choose between purchasing new UltraRes formatted cabinets or spending their own time to convert them. You can listen to them in standard format if you already purchased them, and if they sound pretty good, you can convert them. They should sound even better. How many do you need to convert? I read a post of someone that said they just purchased the OH stuff a week or two ago, and would have been willing to pay an extra $29 or whatever to get UltraRes.

IMHO, spending $20 for CabLab which also gives you the ability to mix your own, is worth it. And I don't need 100's of cabinets - I pick 10 of the best ones, convert them and it's done for the price of my time. Don't those guys ever import a CD into iTunes? I'm sure the conversion process is something very similar in the amount of time it takes. I mean, I'm sure your computer doesn't have to churn overnight to convert one cabinet or anything painful like that.

Also, IMHO, Fractal has this proprietary formatting. They are updating CabLab to handle it and convert Wav to it. It is $20 - almost free! This is a real gift. Fractal could have very easily said "this is only available on the new XL model", or "we are upgrading CabLab to handle/mix UltraRes, but it will not convert outside wav's to it, you have to buy UltraRes cabs from us only" and that would mean, we could not capture our own files and use the technology.

I think this is a huge win for people that CabLab for $20 will equip people to make their own or convert longer waves into UltraRes.

We have a vast community of engineers and recording guys - there might be 170ms waves flying around the web soon to take advantage of this great new feature. For free (nothing except your time to convert them).

Thanks Cliff!

Dude...this is a small price to pay for these guys to keep innovating the state-of-the-art in the guitar amp/cab digital domain. Either support them or get the hell off and go back to tube amps! This is BS IMHO. Go Fractal and OH!!!

I already have cablab too. I still think it's a good idea for both buyer and seller if we could select say 5 speakers for $25.

Jan

Dude...this is a small price to pay for these guys to keep innovating the state-of-the-art in the guitar amp/cab digital domain. Either support them or get the hell off and go back to tube amps! This is BS IMHO. Go Fractal and OH!!!

be gentle, don't want to scare away the sensitive folks!

It became obvious reading other posts that some kind of agreed barrier had popped up.

Non-compete agreements only come from partnership agreements, so congrats FAS and OH on whatever joint venture you're embarking on!!!

Also, thanks for adding batch conversion to cab lab and making that effort easy for the end user!

I think with batch conversions, this is going to be stupid simple compared to what many are complaining about.

Cheers!

Reactions: sam
I'm sort of surprised anyone is upset about having to choose between purchasing new UltraRes formatted cabinets or spending their own time to convert them. You can listen to them in standard format if you already purchased them, and if they sound pretty good, you can convert them. They should sound even better. How many do you need to convert? I read a post of someone that said they just purchased the OH stuff a week or two ago, and would have been willing to pay an extra $29 or whatever to get UltraRes.

IMHO, spending $20 for CabLab which also gives you the ability to mix your own, is worth it. And I don't need 100's of cabinets - I pick 10 of the best ones, convert them and it's done for the price of my time. Don't those guys ever import a CD into iTunes? I'm sure the conversion process is something very similar in the amount of time it takes. I mean, I'm sure your computer doesn't have to churn overnight to convert one cabinet or anything painful like that.

Also, IMHO, Fractal has this proprietary formatting. They are updating CabLab to handle it and convert Wav to it. It is $20 - almost free! This is a real gift. Fractal could have very easily said "this is only available on the new XL model", or "we are upgrading CabLab to handle/mix UltraRes, but it will not convert outside wav's to it, you have to buy UltraRes cabs from us only" and that would mean, we could not capture our own files and use the technology.

I think this is a huge win for people that CabLab for $20 will equip people to make their own or convert longer waves into UltraRes.

We have a vast community of engineers and recording guys - there might be 170ms waves flying around the web soon to take advantage of this great new feature. For free (nothing except your time to convert them).

Thanks Cliff!

While good thoughts, the fact that can lab will do batch conversion makes it seem like even that option will take very minimal time investment.

i'm pretty sure when you buy the OH packs you are also purchasing a license for you and you alone, and sharing would be a violation of said license....it's like any other software/etc you buy. otherwise how would Kevin (OH) make any money if we all just shared them. This isn't the music business, lol....

i'm pretty sure when you buy the OH packs you are also purchasing a license for you and you alone, and sharing would be a violation of said license....it's like any other software/etc you buy. otherwise how would Kevin (OH) make any money if we all just shared them. This isn't the music business, lol....

I think the issue really comes down to respect above all else. Kevin respects his customers and really seems willing to go the extra mile to help anytime there is an issue with logging in etc, not to mention putting out a really good product at a very nice price point that is in reach for anyone. There are guys who may give good service but who wants hundreds for a product, or guys who have a cheap product, but no support, or maybe who's stuff just doesn't sound anywhere near as good.

When a guy respects me as a customer like that, there is no way I'd personally be willing to either use his stuff without buying it, or give it to anyone else.

Its like if he was the owner of this really cool bar you like to go, where the drink prices are great. Your not going to grab some cash out of that bar owners tip jar.

Don't have to like Fractals decisions with IR's, and you can even voice your complains, I know I have, but I really hope no one would start giving away Kevin's hard work in protest. Its not just illegal, but its a total dick move to do to a really good guy who's worked super hard to give us such great IR's.

Music businesses are going belly-up too.

I am just waiting for Cab Lab to be updated to work with Ultra Res before I purchase, I think it's well worth the 20.00 considering it does so much and will be updated if needed in the future.

Back
Top Bottom