I REALLY need some clarification on this topic, therefore the double-post

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
The other guitarist in my bands is going to run through my axe too, just to keep everything simple, and I'm not gonna be stepping on the board to control his patches
So we're gonna create like 5 patches with different scenes: patch1: guitar 1 HG guitar 2 HG, patch 2: guitar 1 HG guitar 2 Clean.. Etc!

Please help me out here! Is it possible to split the midi signal into two boards??

PEACE! :encouragement:

Yes, you can do it a couple of ways depending on the capabilities of the foot controller. If the controller has MIDI thru then you could pass the signal of one thru the other. You would not have tuner/total sync communication on the controller connected to the controller. You could use a midi splitter.You would not have tuner/total sync communication on either controller unless you have a splitter that has all 5 pins wired up (not common). Or if you have something like the FAMC foot controllers, the have the ability to work as a network so they can sync multiple controllers up around the stage.

Okay so routing would be:

Axe fx in -> behringer fcb's out/thru -> another fcb

So the cable from the axe would be splitted from my fcb board? Could you hand over a link?

thanks!! :D

Splitter (thru) gives more MIDI outputs, mergers accepts more MIDI inputs.

In your case you´ll need more inputs, since the axe only got 1 MIDI input.

Which one would be fitting then? Thomann has many different manufactures and the midi merger is pretty expensive!

Last edited:
If you go from one controller into the 2nd, then into the axe, both will control the axe exactly the same provided both controllers are configured the same. This is why they have out/thru connections.

If you go from one controller into the 2nd, then into the axe, both will control the axe exactly the same provided both controllers are configured the same. This is why they have out/thru connections.

and that means no merger unit in between. In that case, which cable should I use then??

You may run into problems if you both try to step on a switch at exactly the same time though. Id have thought the easiest was would be to create patches, or scenes and use then 100% - dont use IAs at all. That way when you change tones/FX ect one button press on either board would switch both guitars. I know you said you wern't going to do that - but for twin guitar set-ups its the most efficient method with the least possibility of errors.

Back
Top Bottom