George Lynch/DOKKEN Plexi tone (Back For The Attack era-1987) - (w/ PATCH)

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
As you may know I'm a big George Lynch fan :) besides his playing I've always loved his tone, especially on Dokken's Under Lock and Key and Back for the Attack albums..classic hot rodded plexi, a very "unforgiving", percussive and organic sound that cleans up nicely when you roll down the volume knob. Talking about Back for the Attack, George used two 1968 Marshall plexi heads and a 100-watt Marshall Super Tremolo that were modified by Lee Jackson of Metaltronix, fitting them with 6550 power tube sections..he also boosted the signal with either an Ibanez Tube Screamer or a Boss GE-7.. well I'm no Lynch, but I think I got pretty close using the 50watt Plexi high in the Axe, no OD in front, and Plate reverb..let me know what you think, guitar is a Chapman ML1-BEA (alder body-seymour duncan custom/'59-floyd rose trem)..keep in mind I'm still on fw10.02 so the patch will most likely sound different if you are on fw11!

DOWNLOAD PATCH HERE: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Lynch Plexi - by RoccoPezzin

Hi
this sound incredible,

since I'm away from my Axe for another few days can you tell me if there is a cab block in this preset as well as the amp and reverd ?

my rig is a FXII quantum power amp marshal 1936 2x12 and was pondering how it might sound in my rig.
cheers
G \../

Hi
this sound incredible,

since I'm away from my Axe for another few days can you tell me if there is a cab block in this preset as well as the amp and reverd ?

my rig is a FXII quantum power amp marshal 1936 2x12 and was pondering how it might sound in my rig.
cheers
G \../

oh yeah I forgot to mention, it's the 4x12 SLM M75 (OH) !

Sounds great! just a bit too much gain on the first track, second is really close maybe still just a hair too much gain. Some of those recordings you can actually hear how difficult it was to play with that much clean note exposure. Great work none the less, killer playing too!

I agree, sounds awesome. That was one of my favorite recorded George Lynch tones. It was almost too dry but just incredibly raw which I really like. Great playing as well.

sounds great. Back for the Attack is one of my all time fav albums. Lynch was probably my biggest early influence.

You play well. I appreciate your taking the time to upload this preset. I will be sure to check it out later.

Crazy good man .I would be surprised if you solo'd the tracks from Back for the attack if that was not pretty much identical .

I agree with Willow I love the Under lock and key The Hunter there is just that big midrange punch and super harmonics and clarity

BTW your playing is amazing and all the lil string skips single notes you played are super clean ,great job fun to listen too

Again I have to say the playing is incredible .personally I could not play those riffs with that clean a tone ,I would use more gain and verb lol ..so kudos to your chops you have some skills

Back
Top Bottom