Firmware 10 issues

WillPeirs

So I updated my Axe Fx II with Firmware 10 and ....all my presets are ruined now.
For some of them,the "amp reset" thing works but my main presets (that i use in my band) sound like sh*t.I know there should be a difference between the two firwmares but it is not the case here,it sounds really really bad (it's like i'm playing on the middle pickup everytime).

So I tried to restore my V9 backup on Axe Edit (which was always crashing).20 tries after,the thing was 100 % loaded and it's like nothing happened.
Here is the way I did it :

Axe Edit=>Axe Manage=>Utilities=>Backups=>RightClick on my backup=>Send to Axe Fx.

Is there another way to do it ?I spend a lot of time tweaking these presets,and I'm a bit pissed off right now.

Any help would be appreciated !!!

Have you tried a proper reset on the amp, double licking the bypass button and then re-tweaking. This was what I had to do after transferring/copying a bunch of presets with AxeEdit today. Back to the front panel for me until AE2 hits the streets.

Spence

I've the same problems. All my super tight presets are totally messed up. I've tried it at home and at rehearsal. both the same problem; a boomy ultra bassy sound even if i put a low-cut at 120hz.

After the 5th post on this:

Firmware release notes:
NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE, PARTICULARLY IN REGARDS TO AMPLIFIER MODELING. THIS FIRMWARE MAY, AND LIKELY WILL, CHANGE THE SOUND OF EXISTING PRESETS. YOU SHOULD AUDITION ALL YOUR PRESETS AFTER INSTALLATION AND CHECK FOR PROPER OPERATION AND TONE. AN AMP MODEL CAN BE RESET BY TEMPORARILY CHANGING THE AMP TYPE AND THEN CHANGING BACK TO THE DESIRED TYPE. THIS WILL LOAD THE MODEL WITH DEFAULT PARAMETERS.

I don't know how it can be more clear.

I'm not knocking on you, but you HAVE TO expect this every time there's a FW release. Sure, it's a pain to redo your presets, but this is the price of upgrading. You do have the option to go back to 9.02 until (or if) you have the inclination to do that much retweak.

R

Ok so:

Xpenno: I tried to do it and it's not working....

AlbertA: I tried to go back on the Firmware 9,and all the presets on which I did the amp reset while I was on the FW10 disappeared.Long story short,the most important presets for me are not here anymore (I have a blank green screen with nothing on it).

Alexis: Welcome to my world

ElectronPirate : I know it was written in the release note,and it has always been.But not as drastically as this time.It's like bringing a 5000€ Telecaster to the repair shop and getting back a shitty Harley Benton in return.

I never had to "reset an amp" with the last firmwares updates,and i don't know if someone found a solution to reduce all the MV's instead of doing it preset by preset.

I'm going back on FW 10 to see if i can get back my "blank presets".

Thank you all for your help !

But the only thing in your presets that have changed should be the amps sound.
If you adjust the amp controls to your liking you are done.
I think you will be rewarded.
:)

So I updated my Axe Fx II with Firmware 10 and ....all my presets are ruined now.
For some of them,the "amp reset" thing works but my main presets (that i use in my band) sound like sh*t.I know there should be a difference between the two firwmares but it is not the case here,it sounds really really bad (it's like i'm playing on the middle pickup everytime).

So I tried to restore my V9 backup on Axe Edit (which was always crashing).20 tries after,the thing was 100 % loaded and it's likeynothing happened.
Here is the way I did it :

Axe Edit=>Axe Manage=>Utilities=>Backups=>RightClick on my backup=>Send to Axe Fx.

Is there another way to do it ?I spend a lot of time tweaking these presets,and I'm a bit pissed off right now.

Any help would be appreciated !!!

Yeah I think this is the only way I can get my presets back.

It's just that I've spend lots and lots of hours in rehearsing room ang gig rooms to get what was right for me AND the band,and all that has gone now,I can't get my last backup (I don't know what's the point of doing one by the way).

When I upgraded with FW9 few months ago,everything was ok.The sound slightly changed but in a good way,not by adding + 5 Db to the presets and changing the amp in such a different sound.

I'm affraid this is par for the course... today is my first practice with new firmware, had to mod my main 3 patches back to what I think sounds good, will see with the band. I'm about ready to pick a different rhythm amp (recto orange) as it seems it's getting totally re-worked every other firmware, and it's back to square one.

Any chance your cab selection got hosed in the upgrade? I noticed if I had a user cab called for and there was nothing there it sounded horrific, like you describe. Have not had this as a problem in my upgrade, am just guessing at why such a drastic change. Could indeed be the upgrade as listed in the release notes.

recovery should be fairly simple... use FractalBot (or AE) to send v9 firmware back to Axe. Reboot.
Restore your V9 Bank backups, and you should be all set.
If you do not have the v9 banks backed up, then you didn't read either the firmware release notes or Matt's notes on the Ae 1.9 install.

Before downgrading be sure to try few things : most of my presets could be recovered the way they sounded in v9 by adjudting master volume, sometimes with a very big decrement (rectos)...
So try to lower MV and add some level to compensate.

For the V9 recovery,I didn't try with Fractal Bot,but with AE which seems to be an obselete software for months now...I only use it for updates.Let's hope the new one will be different.
After downgrading,I couldn't access to any of my presets because there was simply nothing in it.No amp,no cabs,nothing.

I didn't have any User Cab in my presets,I think all the big changes come from the amp.

I don't get it. I had 40+ 9.02 presets, each dedicated to a certain amp type.
Migrated to 10, did a system reset, reset the Amp blocks, adjusted preset levels (sometimes drastically), did some finetuning and it was all good.

I think it's all about fine tuning and restoring proper master volumes.But I didn't had to do this with the last two updates.And finetuning a "live" preset is not possible at home,and takes lots of time to get it right....
Some of the amps didn't change that much,but from what I've tried,EnergyBalls & Rectos are totally different.

Migrated to 10, did a system reset, reset the Amp blocks, adjusted preset levels (sometimes drastically), did some finetuning and it was all good.
That didnt work for me, all my presets use advanced parameters tweaks... Adjusting the mv was the simplest thing to do

Yek, you say you did a system reset, is that a requirement? I wasn't aware of that.
After the update I reset all the amp blocks in my presets, adjusted a few parameters, amp levels, MV, etc. and all seems well. Do you think I need to do anything more?

Sounds must change to become better, how else could there be any step ahead without any change?
What would you win when you dial back in the sounds that you had before? And why then did you update?
You can only make use of the improvements when you audition and retweak your sounds.
I don't like that much work either, but last time I did it, I got much better sounds at the end
and I guess this time it's even less work because the amps and cabs just sound with very little tweaking.
Come on, we got to jump in!

Back
Top Bottom