Lightweight Matrix 2x12 Guitar Cab

MatrixAmp

Inspired
We showed our new lightweight 2x12 guitar cab at the Great British Guitar show in Birmingham this weekend.

533044_531539826869452_1846605003_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The cab weighs 13kg and is loaded with 120 watts worth of driver utilising neodymium magnets.
We will also be offering the cab in the same format loaded with V30's.

To receive more information on the cabs please send an email to: sales@matrixamplification.com with "2x12" as the subject.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Matt

Damn this looks interesting.
Can't believe its only 13 kg.
You guys just keep amazing me.

Still Waiting for someone to develop a 2x12 FRFR STEREO powered cab with a 2u slot on the (top at the back like on an AC30). I for one would be "all over that".

Make it FRFR and I would be interested. I want to be able to use my IR's. I bet it would sound great with my GT1000fx.

it's passive...
we had it running this way

Axe -> GT1000FX -> 2x12

and later
Reaper -> 2x12

Some feedback from the Great British Guitar Show.

“Aye. Everyone's jaws dropped when I picked up the cab with my fingers. Going to save a lot of backs, that one.”

Digitalscream, MusicRadar Forum.​

People were really impressed with the new technology.

Lightweight 4x12 guitar cab - 21 kg, 600 Watt, stereo 2 x 300

Attachments

• C412_big.jpg
    C412_big.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 127
I have the GT1000FX and I love it. I would be interested if they produced a FRFR cabinet preferably 2 or 4x12. I don't know that I'm in the market near term, but that's definitely in my eventual upgrade plans. I have an atomic powered wedge that is adequate for now. I actually use the matrix to power it and run it passive.

“Aye. Everyone's jaws dropped when I picked up the cab with my fingers. Going to save a lot of backs, that one.”
Digitalscream, MusicRadar Forum.​
People were really impressed with the new technology.
Well, while I've been admiring Matrix products since long, this is not exactly new technology: my Dragood 2x12 have always been very light... And wonderfully sounding (http://www.dragoon.it/en/products).Not to bash Mtrix here of course, I'm sure they sound great as well :)

Isn't there issues with phase and such with an FRFR 2x12 (I know this isn't FRFR, I'm speaking to those who wish it was)?? Looks-wise, I would love to have an FRFR 2x12. I have a Matrix Q12a and my only complaint (other than having to reach way back behind it to get to the power switch, like most powered speakers) is that it's narrower than a rack. A 2x12 would look a lot more like a guitar amp since it would be as wide or wider than a rack. But I thought there were issues with multiple speakers in an FRFR cab. Plus, it's kind of easier to have two small 1x12 cabs that are even lighter and can be configured lots of different ways, stacked or set side-by-side, spread for more "stereo effect", etc. I think it's just kind of better having two 1x12's. I'm still trying to figure out a stand or something so that my 4 unit rack isn't just sitting on top of the Q12a and dwarfing it.

Isn't there issues with phase and such with an FRFR 2x12 (I know this isn't FRFR, I'm speaking to those who wish it was)?? Looks-wise, I would love to have an FRFR 2x12. I have a Matrix Q12a and my only complaint (other than having to reach way back behind it to get to the power switch, like most powered speakers) is that it's narrower than a rack. A 2x12 would look a lot more like a guitar amp since it would be as wide or wider than a rack. But I thought there were issues with multiple speakers in an FRFR cab. Plus, it's kind of easier to have two small 1x12 cabs that are even lighter and can be configured lots of different ways, stacked or set side-by-side, spread for more "stereo effect", etc. I think it's just kind of better having two 1x12's. I'm still trying to figure out a stand or something so that my 4 unit rack isn't just sitting on top of the Q12a and dwarfing it.

Hi there,
Yes there are issues with FRFR 2x12. You can hear the effect on the sound by stacking 2 coax 1x12's side by side and walking across in front of them. :)

In answer to somewhere to put your 4 unit rack did you see the photos from the Birmingham show this last weekend ?

ChrisJordanrackstand.jpg

The rest of the shots are over on the facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MatrixAmplification?ref=hl

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Matt

That's interesting to hear. I had seen where Jet City had introduced a 4x12 size (not literally 4 speakers) cabinet for FRFR use at last year's NAMM, but it looks like it hasn't hit the market yet. Maybe they were having similar problems. I would love to be able to get the volume of a 4x12 in that form factor but as a FRFR to take advantage of all the cabs in AxeFx.

...In answer to somewhere to put your 4 unit rack did you see the photos from the Birmingham show this last weekend ?

ChrisJordanrackstand.jpg

The rest of the shots are over on the facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MatrixAmplification?ref=hl

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Matt

Matt, where did you guys get that stand, and what exactly is it called? Also, how stable was it? That looks like it would be a perfect solution to when I'm just using FRFR wedges.

Back
Top Bottom