Lightweight Matrix 2x12 Guitar Cab

the Matrix 2x12 don't sound thin though cos it's ported

2x12 New Lightweight Cab coming soon from Matrix Guitar Amplification - YouTube[/url]

what don't come across well in that vid is how that low end hits you..
it sounds and feels real deep

2x12 New Lightweight Cab coming soon from Matrix Guitar Amplification - YouTube[/url]

We will grab its bottom end in the studio shortly.

Now time for ask for a little feedback - would you prefer black or silver corners ?
Both shown below.

two-2x12-corners.jpg

Look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Matt

I like black because it adds neutrality to the already neutral black neutralness :)

I mean the handle and everything else is black, so black to me would smooth it up a notch.

Silver corners to me is kind of "Fender". Works for Fender amps but.. I like black. It's like adding a silver floyd rose-bar to an electric guitar where everything else is black hardware.

That's how I see it :) The only reason for me to choose the silver ones would be because it matches my first electric guitar. overmodded and not to mention oversilvered :D

2012-01-13%2010.35.21.jpg

yeah, those are the ones you buy to put on the back of your car xD well, I don't have a car so :D

Last edited:
I like the silver! Gives it more of a rugged / roadworthy vibe. To each his own though! Very excited about this! How do the new mags affect the sound? My favourite cab was a bogner oversized 2x12 with V30s, so having something with that kind of sound but light weight + built specifically by a company that makes products geared towards the Axe FX would be amazing! Also, any idea of price, etc.?

just my personal thoughts here...

the thing with metal corners is that over time they scratch up, dent [and on more ancient cabs and stuff I've seen the chrome flaking off]..
that thick nylony type plastic [like the roto rack stuff] is in my personal opinion more durable and tends to not look so scuffed up after years of rough and tumble..
a deep scratch or dig only reveals more black from below..

maybe Matrix should choose one corner type as standard, and the other as an option..
then everyone wins

Clarky, you missed a good one at the SE Gearfest: Sporky suggested a cab that looks like a Fender Twin to really irk the purists. That would be a total kick ass win, IMHO.

awesome... I know Sporks well [face to face]...
if there's some irking needs doing..
he's ya man.. lmao

also, he's an off the scale sort of clever guy...
and a proper gent...

Yes he it. CNCs his guitars.

You missed yet another opportunity to relive my Elliott Randall story. :D

he uses Morgan to do his finishing [paint etc], so I often get the pleasure of passing his guitars from Morgan to him..
I'm not a fan of Jaguars, but Sporks made a 7-string Jag which Morgan did a metal flake finish on and it's stunning...

is that the Randall that......?

ahh... something I forgot to point out about this clip...
the amp playing through that cab was the Reaper
it's mental..

Would there still be phasing issues if it was a 2x12 fr mono cab?, would there be issues if you set a 1x12fr on top of a 2x12 guitar cab.
And are we talking phasing issues from setting a left & right 1x12fr on top of each other, a 2x12fr stereo or mono cab had the phasing issues?

Now time for ask for a little feedback - would you prefer black or silver corners ?
Both shown below.

two-2x12-corners.jpg

Best regards
Matt

Looks great!

Looks best with NO corners IMO. Is it the same spray finish as the Q12 and the CFR? Those don't have any corners.

How about putting a single handle on top instead of two side handles? A cab this light would be best carried with one hand, like a suitcase.

No corners and a single top handle might even shave off a bit more weight.

BTW, I admit my feedback is likely influenced by the Port City cab I got recently. The PC is awesome, but a lighter cab would be even awesomer.

The port on the Matrix looks similar to the PC, is it 'ramped'? Are there any internal 45 degree sound reflector things inside? (ala PC?) Or any other cool engineering tricks?

The overwhelming majority of high end cabinets use black

Bogner, Mesa, Marshall, Orange, HiWatt, THD, Budda, Blackstar

The silver ones seem to be Bugera and Behringer... and Rivera and ENGL?

I'd say the black option has your marketing image built in. Guitar players like using what's familiar and already associated with their ideal guitar tone. Go black. It makes more business sense.

Google image search "4x12 guitar cabinet" and "2x12 guitar cabinet" and you'll see what I mean. Silver is more often used with cheap products.

Black for me!

Both shown below.

two-2x12-corners.jpg

Best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom