Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone having an issue after updating to 9.0 where you cabinets are showing in all funky characters? Is this only an AxeEdit issue or is this on the device itself? I guess I didn't test the device only since I was mostly using the Edit during my recording tracks. I felt it would be helpful for extended editing.

thanks for any help..

anyone having an issue after updating to 9.0 where you cabinets are showing in all funky characters? Is this only an AxeEdit issue or is this on the device itself? I guess I didn't test the device only since I was mostly using the Edit during my recording tracks. I felt it would be helpful for extended editing.

thanks for any help..

AxeEdit is not compatible with v9.0. (YET). They are making strides to bring AxeEdit up to date. :)

AxeEdit is not compatible with v9.0. (YET). They are making strides to bring AxeEdit up to date. :)

thanks!!! I was crapping my pants that something went wrong. The weird part is I ended up recording with the Badger instead
of the intended Modded JCM800. Oh well, the Badger is pretty nice t

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since we are on the topic of Beta FW9 here goes. Is there a way to copy the state of a given scene within a preset and paste it to another scene in the same preset? I looked in the release notes and the wiki but couldn't find the answer. I've noticed that there are small differences between the scenes. For instance I noticed that my REV block in scene 1 is set to +4db for level and in scene two it is set to +6db. I have no idea how many other parameters are different, although I have to assume there are probably a bunch that are not as obvious as 2db of output gain. I'm guessing this is a bug

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since we are on the topic of Beta FW9 here goes. Is there a way to copy the state of a given scene within a preset and paste it to another scene in the same preset? I looked in the release notes and the wiki but couldn't find the answer. I've noticed that there are small differences between the scenes. For instance I noticed that my REV block in scene 1 is set to +4db for level and in scene two it is set to +6db. I have no idea how many other parameters are different, although I have to assume there are probably a bunch that are not as obvious as 2db of output gain. I'm guessing this is a bug

There's no way to copy scenes.

That might be a bug. Scenes should only be capturing X/Y and bypass state of blocks, plus the global output level on the patch. Can you post a patch?

Are you sure that the reverb isn't to X and Y?

nothing of value to add here...
just to say that the suspense of getting the two-rock and fas crunch is killing me..
hi my name's sundance_kiddsg and i am a compulsive checker of forum for new axefx 2 firmware..

The good news is, there's no 12-Step program for this, nor is one needed. I'm trying to find an iPhone app that will alert me when FAS creates a post with the words "Firmware 9 Final Released" in it. ;)

thanks for any help..

no offense intended here, i'm really trying to figure this out....

did you really not see the 5 posts immediately above yours when you asked about axe edit? they all said that axe edit doesn't work with the 9.0 beta... wondering why this is new information to so many.

did you really not see the 5 posts immediately above yours when you asked about axe edit? they all said that axe edit doesn't work with the 9.0 beta... wondering why this is new information to so many.

I was wondering the same thing, but then I guessed that not everyone stays glued to this forum like myself (and possibly others) do.

I think the answer to your inquisitive wonderment is that the guy has seven posts and joined in June of 2012 and isn't yet up to speed on the forum etiquette of at least trying to answer his own question before asking it.

Sully, FYI.....there is a wealth of searchable info on here and some really talented smart people have already asked and answered a plethora of questions regarding all things fractal. Good luck on your journey into the depths of the axe and your journey into what I sometimes refer to as midi hell. It does get better if you apply yourself.

...axe edit doesn't work with the 9.0 beta... wondering why this is new information to so many.
I think part of the reason is the fact that Axe-Edit is promoted as the tool to use for editing the Axe-Fx and is available for download on Fractal's website without mention of the fact that it doesn't work. If you don't frequent the forum, you'd never know until you found out the hard way. I can understand why publishing such a visible warning about a product would be a difficult decision for a company to make, but these kinds of questions are the price you pay for choosing not to.

I think part of the reason is the fact that Axe-Edit is promoted as the tool to use for editing the Axe-Fx and is available for download on Fractal's website without mention of the fact that it doesn't work. If you don't frequent the forum, you'd never know until you found out the hard way. I can understand why publishing such a visible warning about a product would be a difficult decision for a company to make, but these kinds of questions are the price you pay for choosing not to.

True, but doesn't AE (from the website) work with the current stable firmware version (8.01a) also on the website?

V9 beta was released to us daring souls who insist being on the cutting edge, and only through this thread. #justsayin

True, but doesn't AE (from the website) work with the current stable firmware version (8.01a) also on the website?

V9 beta was released to us daring souls who insist being on the cutting edge, and only through this thread. #justsayin

this is not true. only stable with FW7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom