Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

I dreamed 2 boxes showed up at my door....... They said CLR on them.....:shock.......... and there was smoke coming from the boxes! :shock

The smoke was from my wife's Citronella candles to ward of the Mosquitoes....:p (we gotz a west nile scare going on here in Tejas)

The smoke was from my wife's Citronella candles to ward of the Mosquitoes....:p (we gotz a west nile scare going on here in Tejas)

Dude... I have been eaten alive by Mosquitoes and they are vicious little bastards. 20+ bites on my calves and they itch like crazy :?.

An official update from Atomic about the CLR's is apparently inbound(again)

From their official Facebook page:
"So close to posting an official update on the CLR Series. In the process of confirming some good news. Thanks for all the patience, support and excitement for their arrival!"

From TGP forum:
So close to an official update, Richard. In the process of confirming some good news. Thanks!

-TK

After all the customer service horror stories, I think not.
Whoa! This is way out of line. What customer service “horror stories” are you referring to?

Atomic has been in business for nearly 10 years and service has always been a top priority. We currently have no outstanding items our cue that exceed our 2 week turn around time (most turn in a week or less). There were a couple of items in the last few months that slipped through the cracks – at least one of which was caused by a customer’s email getting clipped by our spam filer. Another one, I personally dropped the ball on. I felt really bad. I, however, went out of my way to make it up to the customer who told me he was very pleased with the outcome.

Bottom line, no-one’s getting ripped off, intentionally treated poorly or ignored. Certainly there’s nothing that would even remotely constitute a “horror story” going on here.

On the other hand, it is not unusual for me to work with customers and potential customers on the nights and weekends or to go above and beyond what is promised by our standard warranty polices to make customers happy. I enjoy and take pride in it.

If there are any Atomic customers who have an outstanding service issue they’d like to bring to my attention, please contact me directly at tking@atomicamps.com. I will take care of you personally.

-TK

Whoa! This is way out of line. What customer service “horror stories” are you referring to?

If there are any Atomic customers who have an outstanding service issue they’d like to bring to my attention, please contact me directly at tking@atomicamps.com. I will take care of you personally.

-TK

As far as I am concerned Tom is spot on. I have had nothing but great service from Atomic. Love the product and service.

I have been very pleased with my Atomic powered wedge. I originally ordered the standard cab and realized I wanted to switch it out for the wedge and Atomic (and Tom specifically) were very accommodating with the swap out. I received the replacement fast and it's been working beautifully for a couple years now. I'm definitely interested in the CLR announcement and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

And that's how you politely call bullshit on a post about your company. Nicely done Tom.

I've never posted publicly about having a 'customer service horror story' with Atomic, but I feel the need to jump in here.
Took me 3 months to get a replacement board for an Atomic passive I had. And it sucked to be sitting at home with an Atomic paper weight. I wasn't happy.
I'm not here to bash Tom or Atomic....and I respect the fact that he's doing his best to run a small business (and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the CLR)...but my experience (although Tom was super nice to deal with), was not great. I felt that Tom was sincere when I dealt with him, but was it great customer service?...no, it was not.

So as much as you want to say 'nicely done Tom'....I can say...well, there is some truth to what TheGoatLord posted.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to stir the pot on this one. I've just seen post after post similar to the story above on various forums. I'm sure they're great guys with the best of intentions but to me, a great product isn't worth the hassle if there is no support behind it. I'm not going to post again regarding this as it wasn't my intention to start a fight. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to stir the pot on this one. I've just seen post after post similar to the story above on various forums. I'm sure they're great guys with the best of intentions but to me, a great product isn't worth the hassle if there is no support behind it. I'm not going to post again regarding this as it wasn't my intention to start a fight. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I've got nothing at all against you personally, nor am I offended. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'm just setting the record straight on my end. I never claimed to be perfect but there has been strong support behind our products for the thousands of Atomic customers that we've earned for nearly a decade.

I think most would agree that one could find examples of people who have had bad customer service experiences with virtually every MI company discussed on these boards - even the ones that are generally regarded as offering the very best service there is to be had. Coincidentally, there's another thread active on this board currently about another company with a stellar customer service record and there are a few guys who are there to disagree. The reality is, especially when you dealing with hundreds or thousands of customers, there are going to be some that just aren't satisfied. While this is often the fault of the manufacturer, other times there may be something else at play. Regardless, I believe that companies always need to strive for that perfection and work from the position that the customer is always right.

At the end of the day I'm dedicated to providing an outstanding experience to Atomic's customers and to take responsibility and make good on any instances where I've come up short.

Thanks for listening.

-TK

PS. I have yet to get a response to my invitation to contact me personally with any outstanding service issues but the offer is and will always be open.

Last edited:
Now that is the perfect way to answer a thread!!! You go Tom...very professional...
I've got nothing at all against you personally, nor am I offended. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'm just setting the record straight on my end. I never claimed to be perfect but there has been strong support behind our products for the thousands of Atomic customers that we've earned for nearly a decade.

If you like the product buy it, don't like it don't buy it.
If you have some to complain just complain to whom you bought. If someone ask for your opinion, give it or don't, whatever..
People tend to over complicate things..

No harm intended Galo but what you're trying to achieve with the above post?
Jezazzz give the man a break..

Back
Top Bottom