Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Meanwhile...
What is the difference between a "coincident" speaker and a non-coincident speaker?
Evidently there's a Canadian speaker company called Coincident so any Google search I do just turns up links to their stuff.

The dictionary defines coincident as:
"adjective
occurring together in space or time : liberty is an idea coincident with the spread of Christianity.
• in agreement or harmony : the stake of defense attorneys is not always coincident with that of their clients."

So, what parameters of the new Jaytomic cabs will be occurring together in space and time that do not occur together in other speaker designs?

Coax speaker vs woofer/tweeter for AxFx FRFR - Page 2 - The Gear Page

So ..

...wait for this??

...wait for the Matrix CFR12A

...or buy an RCF ????????

Hmmm???

The RCF was not invented for modelers and was found by accident by a user here. Sonically a big improvement over the Verves but one batch had multiple defective units, which forced me to return mine.

Atomic too had a rash of problems a few years back, but haven't heard any problems recently.

The Matrix failed to impress at the NY amp show but is being redesigned.

Certainly a US product would be easier to fix and get parts for American users.

The RCF was not invented for modelers and was found by accident by a user here. Sonically a big improvement over the Verves but one batch had multiple defective units, which forced me to return mine.

Atomic too had a rash of problems a few years back, but haven't heard any problems recently.

I would say there are pros and cons with any of the options....but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on US vs. non-US companies.

RCF (and Matrix) are not US companies, so parts may not be 'as' easy to get. But customer service can be great or terrible regardless of where the company is located....and can make all the difference.

I have had a set of RCF ART800A (active 15" subs) for YEARS...and they have never had a hicup. But they were damaged once in shipping (thanks UPS), and RCF found me a replacement back to the subs, even though they haven't been in production for years. I absolutly love these subs. And they were excellent at finding me a replacment part.

On the other hand...I had some Atomic passives once...one which had a broken crossover (or something). Took me 3 months to get a replacement part. Lots of empty promises on getting me the part, lots of unanswered emails, etc.....

Point is....being local doesn't mean it's going to be easy to fix, if something breaks.
Not saying I won't buy an Atomic CLR....but my decision will be based on how good the product is...not where they located.

thanks. i am in the UK so actually if the Matrix one is any good then that may be better, from a support perspective, for me!

thanks. i am in the UK so actually if the Matrix one is any good then that may be better, from a support perspective, for me!

Hi there Dealmaker,
We recently tested the CFR12 alongside the RCF and D&B offerings. John put his thoughts up on the comparisons in another thread.
We will be sending out PayPal info in a weeks time. If you would like to receive the invoice just pop me a mail to matt@matrixamplification.com with CFR12 in the subject line and I shall add you to the list :)

Its taken a bit of time to get here, but we did not want to release the CFR12 until we were sure customers would enjoy them.

I thankyou all for your patience.

Best regards
Matt

p.s. If you would rather I give you a phone call first then email me your number.

CFR-shot-500pxl.jpg

Last edited:
This seems to be a thread about Atomic?

some kind of aggressive marketing IMO.

To be fair he was answering a post on the thread and this is still an open forum. Tom from Atomic also answers posts on threads that aren't "atomic threads".

Having said that, I would love an update on the CLRs though. :)

Just wondering how come if there are a couple of cabs already built, why doesnt anyone plays them (video/audio), Weird...I know there are plenty of guitar players including Jay!!!
What's up???

Just wondering how come if there are a couple of cabs already built, why doesnt anyone plays them (video/audio), Weird...I know there are plenty of guitar players including Jay!!!
What's up???

My guess would be that Atomic doesn't want any preconceived notion or judgment as to how it performs until it is the way they want it to sound and perform spec wise. Or they just don't want to let that cat out of the bag
dunno.gif

so there are a lot of people here that would actually buy this cab without listening to it...if so times have change...I personally know of Jay's engineers abilities but I still find this very weird...fweiw

so there are a lot of people here that would actually buy this cab without listening to it...if so times have change...I personally know of Jay's engineers abilities but I still find this very weird...fweiw

I've been using Atomic Amps and trust that this CLR will bring it.

from TGP

Hi guys. Just checking in. We are a little behind
where we thought we'd be based on our February listening session. We found a
small mistake that required a respin of one of the boards. It really wasn't a
big deal but it takes time to get the samples back and doing the proper testing
- which is now complete. At any rate, that is behind us now and we're scheduling
production. I will have more concrete details soon. As soon as I have more, I
will come back here and post it on our Facebook. Our website will be fully
updated for the launch.

Just to add to Tom's post, I'll say that 100% of
the underlying R&D for this loudspeaker was completed before we demonstrated
the CLR here in Dallas at the end of January. At that time, there were no
remaining issues related to the design's performance.

I never publicly discuss, let alone demonstrate, my work until all
performance issues have been thoroughly addressed. What remained were a number
of routine, but time-consuming, tasks required to successfully manufacture a
loudspeaker. Those of you who have had any involvement in production will have
encountered the same kinds of issues. FYI, I have now signed off on
pre-production samples.

Back
Top Bottom