Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

This is great news! I am very curious what it's going to be.
But I'm quite confident it's going to be great.

The IR thing would be very cool too!

Well, I'm off to play a gig in Yek-town :)

Jens

Twee Spieghels again? :)
Can't be there unfortunately.
Have a great gig!

I'll be glad to lighten my rack load a bit with these. Should be louder than 50/50 and not have to worry about relpacing tubes.

P.S. I love your demo videos Keitl. They were one of the things that got me to order my first Axe.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

..But it wouldn't really be fun if this actually turns out to be the perfect solution, curing our GAS's forever so we never have to buy anymore gear, now would it..? ;-)

Aboslutely amazing speaker. Their is a very good video that should be forth coming of Jay talking about the design. I couldn't do it justice. Suffice to say its lives up to the hype.
While we wait... what kind of enclosure? Size, weight etc - any info on pricing and availability?

Not to be harsh, just my opinion, but Jay's ears never impressed me.
I've never found a single use for his IRs, and his guitar tones never knocked me out of my chair either.
His ego and pride and the way he regarded anyone without his skill set were a BIG turnoff (for me!)

Maybe it'll be a killer cab, but based on what I've *heard* from his ears (not his mouth) I doubt it'll take the guitar world by storm.
I wouldn't be surprised if I was dead wrong; I'd be less surprised if I was right.

Not to be harsh, just my opinion, but Jay's ears never impressed me.
I've never found a single use for his IRs, and his guitar tones never knocked me out of my chair either.
His ego and pride and the way he regarded anyone without his skill set were a BIG turnoff (for me!)

Maybe it'll be a killer cab, but based on what I've *heard* from his ears (not his mouth) I doubt it'll take the guitar world by storm.
I wouldn't be surprised if I was dead wrong; I'd be less surprised if I was right.

This kind of post is representative of the failure to understand what these speakers represent.

Passive and active versions, 45lbs passive 50lbs active. Wedge/Pole Mounted unit and a guitar cab style. 1x12 size, roughly. 3-4 months as a guess. Nothing set in stone. I think 1/2" birch plywood. 1000 for active 800 for passive. If I recall correctly.

50 lbs for the active, that's quite heavy.. I was hoping more like 30-35 lbs a piece, like the RCF NX's for instance.

50 lbs for the active, that's quite heavy.. I was hoping more like 30-35 lbs a piece, like the RCF NX's for instance.

I'd hazard a guess they are not neodynium, which a) keeps the cost down; but b) costs in weight.

I'm very eager to check these out in person.

And the price is right, IMHO. What can you tell us about the tones, flatness, when you guys tested your presets on Jay's monitors? Any differences when using Atomics 50/50 or Matrix GT800FX vs. the powered monitors?

What about the power and SPL's ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom