Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.00 Up

I updated and have been playing thru v5.00 for the last couple of hours and am absolutely thrilled with this release. As others have noted, this one is largely about the feel and I must agree...you get a real sense of playing thru a tubeamp/speaker and interacting with it, etc. I can see why Cliff was so excited making clips last week heh.

I just trialed 5 with my existing presets (after I reselected the amp sim) and generally found all I'd needed to do was remove some Treble, a slight Bass adjustment, reduce the Drive a bit and this brought them pretty much back to where they were in v4 (but with 'something else' happening heh)...adjusting the Dynamics and/or the new Sag params blew me away with their effect, which is something you may not hear, as much as feel, when your in the drivers seat. Playing with them was very intriguing and I'm excited to explore all these options further. I only got thru a handful of amps (Top Boost, 1987x, 59, 65, Wrecker, Orange Recto, Vibroverb, Shiva Lead) since every one I landed on inspired me to jam on it and explore what v5 brought to them. Lots of 'ohhhhh wow' moments tonight...talk about a sweet interaction with the guitars volume control.

I'm going to redo all the amps sims for my presets from scratch (all params to defaults) as I've always done, but will only need to spend a minute or two on each preset...it'll be that quick for me.

The new modeling methods/improvements are just astounding, and there is something in play here under the hood that will really work for me, since it seems to have really gotten a handle on to capturing the complex interactions of the output stages/power supply/speaker and distilled them down to a few simple adjustment parameters (that feel dam good!!).

Thanks for the hard work and continuted updates Cliff/FAS, v5 is indeed a special one among the many updates over the years. Lightning in a bottle...

LOL I just realized I didn't even make it to the Cab block tonight to play with the new Motor Drive param since I got so hung up on the DYN tab jamming thru a few amps and getting lost in them...and there is even more stuff to explore...this rocks.

Last edited:
My AxeFX II shipped today and it's scheduled to arrive next Monday. I'll be upgrading from AxeFX Ultra firmware version 11.0 straight to AxeFX II firmware version 5. Nice!!

Quick question or two regarding Axe Edit: Is the current version completely non-functional with v5 or is it capable of supporting basic changes (amp selection, tone stack adjustment, cab selection, effects block selection, etc)? Also, do Axe Edit updates typically follow firmware updates quickly (i.e. how soon after a firmware update does an updated Axe Edit typically become available?

I ask only because my AxeFX is mounted on its side (in a hard case) at floor lever with only limited access to to the front panel and I've no space for it elsewhere in my small music room. I will certainly find a temporary solution for front panel access in the meantime. This is no major concern for me. Just hoping to get a general sense for the time line.

Last edited:
Seemed to take maybe 5 or 6 minutes to lock up. Thanks.

It's possible that a preset can get corrupt and freezes the unit. Happened to me a couple of times and I know of some other cases.
Export the preset to save the settings, clear the slot using Axe-Edit and recreate the preset using the saved settings.

Seemed to take maybe 5 or 6 minutes to lock up. Thanks.

Well I just looked up and realized its been 3 hours playing around with your preset so I would conclude it's not what made you crash (at least not the version downloaded)

Dang you Cliff, I have a meeting in 3 hours! :lol

Last edited:
Awesome....

This Unit is by far the best on the market!

Sound quality, features, customer support and updates.... You guys are setting new standards that others will find hard to follow

Thanks

Last edited:
Guys, I just updated with axe edit (win 7 premium 64bit). Everything went fine until the transfer was over. Then the axe started the programming phase, rebooted and then stayed on with a blank screen and all indication lights (for input and status) are on including the bypass and tempo buttons.
So basically, I can't do anything.
Any ideas? How can I contact support?

P.S. tried to reboot holding down the recall button. Didn't work. Tried several times...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom