Version 5.00 firmware preview

Cliff has to be a robot. No mortal man can keep coming up with better advancements every couple of months.

Cliff is without a doubt 'part bionic and organic. Not a cyborg. Call him Psychtron!!!'

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Reactions: jon
This is just what I needed. I've been borderline suicidally depressed lately. This made smile and got my heart beating again. Thanx Cliff!!!

Sent from my iPod.

This just keeps getting better and better and... Thanks Cliff, I really appreciate your hard work and dedication. This technology has revolutionized and energized my guitar playing. Before getting the Axe, I had all of these sounds in my head that I could only dream of. The Axe-Fx has made these provided a way to get them and more!

Just so we're clear, the Axe FX II isnt even close to being 1 year old yet and we're up to version 5.0 already ( with many .01 / .02 releases inbetween too ).
I think I know where at least 50% of the worlds red bull and coffee reserves are going ;)

Unfortunately I kid not. I'm on medication, but life circumstances just keep kicking my a$$. I totally appreciate your concern cliff. Thanx!!! I need to get back into some counseling. Believe it or not This forum really helps me out each day. That was the first time I ever mentioned my personal problems specifically btw. I just like being here getting info and tips and offering of my own experience and knowledge. I feel welcomed and appreciated here. Two things I literally feel in no other part of my life.

Look at me, being all Debbie Downer about it. Hey check out this new FW guys!!! Btw I hate my life and my dog just died. Wah wah waaaah...

No pressure Cliff take your time with the new FW!!! LOL!!! See??? I love this place!!!

Sent from my iPod.

DAMN...if my ears could get a hard-on...There's a s***load happening with tone/dynamics, and Amp/Cab sound very symbiotic, very little disconnect between the two.

How much % does this add to amp/cab processing overhead?

Unfortunately I kid not. I'm on medication, but life circumstances just keep kicking my a$$. I totally appreciate your concern cliff. Thanx!!! I need to get back into some counseling. Believe it or not This forum really helps me out each day. That was the first time I ever mentioned my personal problems specifically btw. I just like being here getting info and tips and offering of my own experience and knowledge. I feel welcomed and appreciated here. Two things I literally feel in no other part of my life.

Look at me, being all Debbie Downer about it. Hey check out this new FW guys!!! Btw I hate my life and my dog just died. Wah wah waaaah...

No pressure Cliff take your time with the new FW!!! LOL!!! See??? I love this place!!!

Sent from my iPod.

Mojo at ya brotha I like reading your posts...................

Hang in there shotgunn, you're a great addition to the forum!!

Yeah... hang in there shotgunn... I'm with you... I know where you're coming from... you're not done with us yet and we're not done with you. If you ever need to "crack" a smile... Just think of how I came about my username :D

Peace man...

Last edited:
Lets see here now...hmmmm...I owned an 11R for about 9 months I think and they have this great website called ideascale where users can post suggestions for improvements to their products and then vote on them. It's pretty great. During that nine month period there were exactly ZERO firmware updates from AVID. I'm not saying that there weren't any major updates or that the updates didn't include things I wanted; I'm saying that out of the 300 or so suggestions and requests that not ONE of them were addressed. Business motto: AVID...you'll get what we give you and you'll like it

Conversely I've owned the AxeFXII for exactly 2 days now and ordered it shortly after v4.01 or whatever was announced. I just got my levels adjusted and starting creating patches a few hours ago and there is already an update scheduled to come out.

Now I'm not bashing AVID here, it's all tongue in cheek and the 11R is a fine piece of gear, etc, etc...but it's just really nice to be back home. ;)

Oh and it sounds amazing Cliff!

Sent from my iPod.
Yeah well you had best not go anywhere because I'm depending on you to help me figure out this whole IR matching thing. I have to admit that I thought that it was kind of flukey until I started following some of the threads in here and you seem to be making it your business.

So stop being selfish and think of me and my personal needs. :)

Back
Top Bottom