Axe-Edit Version 1.0.188

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit v1.0.188 Released!

Axe-Edit - Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx Standard

1.0.188 is a maintenance release recommended for all Axe-Edit users.

This version includes a range of new features and fixes:

• Added “Smart-StartUp” support for Axe-Fx II. Opens most recently used source and preset.
  • Fixed “disconnect” on OS X with Axe-Fx II when cab name caching on startup.
  • Reintroduced PPC support on OS X
  • Fixed Axe-Fx II Looper block problems
  • Fixed Grid keyboard shortcuts when Editor window is scaled.
  • Fixed HW Sync / downloads
  • Fixed Ultra/Standard configs erroneously excluding each others (compatible) assets / formats.
  • Fixed “Axe-Edit” button not bringing AE window to front on OS X.
  • Added shift + click app startup modifier for “reset settings” shortcut.
  • Noisegate should save properly now for Axe-Fx II.
  • Fixed importing preset files.
Axe-Change remains disabled in this version, but expected to return in a future release.

Thanks for your continued good suggestions and supportive feedback, as well as your patience while we update documentation.

Axe-Edit - Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx Standard

Much superlative goodness here... rocking on WinXP SP3 as I type this.

Woot!

Last edited:
will this version transmit correct tempo values to the axe-fx?
still having problems to sync delay tempo time correctly with my sequencer.
i enter a value of 120 BPM but the axe is still using a default tempo, no matter how often i type in 120 BPM, really annoying...

will this version transmit correct tempo values to the axe-fx?
still having problems to sync delay tempo time correctly with my sequencer.
i enter a value of 120 BPM but the axe is still using a default tempo, no matter how often i type in 120 BPM, really annoying...

Axe-Edit offers improved tempo support for the Axe-Fx II, but for the Ultra and Standard, you need to set tempo values manually.

Not sure how the sequencer is involved. Are you running it at the same time as Axe-Edit? One idea that comes to mind is using the MIDI Merge function to blend Axe-Edit native MIDI signals with MIDI beatclock from the sequencer. You'd need a spare i/o on the computer where you could route an out to an in.

Hate to be a stick in the mud cause I really appreciate the effort, but sync still hangs for me...

Even after a fresh reboot...

OS X 10.7 didn't change the bad behavior.

If I manually load the preset that the sync stopped on, the next try on that bank will usually finish, but I've only tried it a few times.

Which directory is the live cache? The one in ~/Workspace/Utilities/Cache is empty on my machine even after a successful sync.

Last edited:
Got so frustrated with the old version. I have a sneaking suspicion that my cable (MIDI interface) is the culprit though.
The choice of MIDI interfaces here in Sweden is scarce and I haven't got it working at all with my Ultra yet.
Any tips on inexpensive, easy to use USB to MIDI in/out interfaces that actually work?

I'm rocking this bad boy atm
AXE1.jpg

I can get the "MIDI IN" light on the Axe-FX to go off but the computer wont recognize the unit!
I'm currently on OSX 10.6.8 and Firmware version 1.02 (I think) on the Ultra.
I really want to be able to do a back up of my patches and do an update!
Anyone having these problems?
If I'm lucky this new version of Axe Edit will help!

does this version resolve the issue with midi channels other than 1 not working (Ultra)?

edit - no - still not working properly

also shows as using 95% cpu!

Last edited:
If you are talking CPU usage in AxeEdit, it's not accurate.. it's an estimation. Check on the Axe's Utility pager for actual cpu.

no - 95% cpu according to Activity Monitor

axeedit.jpg

this is after i notched up the brightness in the gui a bit

when i reset the gui, it went back down to 40%

sim

Last edited:
Hi.

I have installed the new version (os x 10.5.8 ). It switch the permissions of my "applications" file to restricted access and dont appears in the app files . If y turn permissions on and process the installation on more time, it switch off perm :/

(sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:
This version and the last version is showing 1% cpu usage on all patches, but in the ultra and standard configs it shows varying percentages.
Am I doing something wrong?

also shows as using 95% cpu!

Yup, here too. It's not about the CPU% of the Axe-Fx preset, it's the CPU% that Axe-Edit itself utilizes in Mac OS X.
If you turn up the brightness in App Settings, the CPU (as displayed by Activity Monitor, a Mac utility) jumps to an astonishing 74% and stays there...

Got so frustrated with the old version. I have a sneaking suspicion that my cable (MIDI interface) is the culprit though.
The choice of MIDI interfaces here in Sweden is scarce and I haven't got it working at all with my Ultra yet.
Any tips on inexpensive, easy to use USB to MIDI in/out interfaces that actually work?

I don't know how Amazon or Ebay are in Sweden, but the $7 or midi interface with cable that you can get on either place (I'm sure from China) worked as reliably as any other midi interface for me with Ultra. Didn't work 100% of time for updates, but mostly worked.

Back
Top Bottom