Countdown 0.5...

Keep your eyes on the ethernet connector and/or the 6-pin connector on the motherboard of the ULTRA. They are there for a reason. One is probably for diagnostics but that doesn't mean it can't serve a dual purpose.

Don't know about the Standard.

If it is new hardware, i will be sorely disappointed. I have only had the Ultra for a month at best. I bought the Ultra knowing (from users) that the Standard was at its peak already, and I didnt want to part out all of my gear for a "maxed out" piece- so i got an Ultra. Actually, its a great unit and it does what I expected it to do. But to have "all-new" hardware come out a month later? That really would suck.

But it also would not fit ANY business model- especially when your "market" is just being established and your brand is becoming a household name.

I am guessing this is a brand new re-working of models and code to work with existing hardware via firmware, AND a repackaging of current hardware -possible new display, maybe USB. I also think there are one of more "partners" involved...maybe with IRs, maybe Tigersharc....
The Standard is probably done.

Then again, maybe this all is just a giant stage to thoroughly test the new forum.....and Fractal releases a "Swag Shop" in the website.

I hope my Ultra isnt replaced, or if it is, that the current hardware is compatible with the release

Exactly how I feel. +1

Based on everything Cliff has said, it sounds like firmware.

Based on what's coming from G66, it sounds like a new product.

I'm lost.

Umm. I The Axe-FX isnt the most powerful processor, the Ultra is. G66 has spun this round and round - doesnt mean anything - YET. TBH I only have a standard, so the Ultra is already better - however, the Sims are the same. This is the important part. As long as a FW update gives me the same sims as a new, better product, I can live without anything else new - or a better interface etc.

If my standard cant run better software sims, Ill be upset. i cant afford anything better, or Id have had the Ultra. It ws bound to happen at some point - and it doesnt make the Standard sound any worse, Its a mind thing.

Cliff did say we wouldnt be disappointed, but many who have bought recently, or had the best but cant afford the new best (in this day and age that a lot) could be.

I think we should all just cool it until we actually find out. Once we actually know exactly what it is (and the specs) then the disappointment and praise should begin lol. Let's not jump the gun here :)

Tip to help some of you get through the night:

Breathe in...........breathe out......... breathe in.........breathe out......etc......etc........

I think we'll have to wait 00:00 in USA since G66 is down...

Hey!!!!! Only 82 minutes for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the new thing is a gift for me!

hahahhaha

This is exciting. If it is a new, better, faster, cooler replacement for the Axe-Fx let's all hope it has the same longevity as the original. Seriously, when does a product last for 5 years and NOT have serious competition? That's crazy impressive.

And for all you people whining that your brand new Ultra will be outdated, who gives a flying rat's ass? It's still better than any other product on the market, save whatever this mysterious new product is, assuming the new product even competes with the Axe-Fx in the first place.

Guys this is cracking me up! I couldn,t believe that this thread has had over 124,200 views! Kudos to Cliff for great theatre.

To all those worried that if a new box comes out tomorrow they will be sad or sorry - why? You will still have the second best bit of guitar technology - haha

I have a house full of "obselete" things. Many of these are now "vintage" music hardware. I have boxes of old vinyl records which I replaced on CD then replaced on MP3. There will always be something new. If it does what you need it to do then its not useless. If it doesn't meet your needs buy the new thing if that fits the bill.

Whatever it is I hope that Cliff makes a killing on it - he deserves it considering all the updates and improvements we have had over the years (yes - years!) from his hard work. We may all even be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom