Countdown 0.5...

I swear to marry this if you are a unique firmware !!!!!!!!!!!
frikis_real_vs_ficcion..._carmen_de_mairena_27a62e1352ea401d83cc6c4b4.jpg
Quoted for proof :p

Yeah... I mean if this is the next big thing, a more powerful unit than the Ultra I will be extremely disappointed. I got my Ultra on March 31st so to have a new superior product unveiled just over a month from when I got the ultra, with no warning, would suck really bad.

Yeah... I mean if this is the next big thing, a more powerful unit than the Ultra I will be extremely disappointed. I got my Ultra on March 31st so to have a new superior product unveiled just over a month from when I got the ultra, with no warning, would suck really bad.
So what ? It happens everyday when a product is replaced. Even if a warning is given, the guy who buys a product 2 days before the warning is given is f***ed too. It happens, live with it.

What amazes me most is how well we were able to keep it secret. Usually information leaks out but all our beta testers, dealers and other affiliates really must be commended for keeping the information from the public.

Yes, great - I know you can do something even better than the AxeFx ;)

I've preordered an Axe FX Ultra in January 29 , and I'm still waiting for the shipment to arrive in Europe, what will happen ? and what will I buy ?? I'm kinda confused. :)

lol not trying to stir anything up just saying it would suck kind sir. It's not like there is anything wrong with my ultra I would just have preferred to have waited for the superior gear and paid whatever extra amount it costed. No need to be stand off-ish at all.

There will always be a better, more efficient engine released. I'm not sure I understand all of the frustration.

I expect and hope that Fractal continue to innovate as they have, I'd rather they don't stagnate because we all bought Axe-Fx.

Intel hasn't stopped developing new chips because people have purchased the i7.

That's not how Fractal does business.
But that's what happened : the guys who bought an Ultra one month ago had an Ultra. If they would buy it one month later (let's say... tomorrow...), they would have an I-don't-know-what-new-product.

That's not a criticism against FAS or any firm, that's a fact :(

I think FA will be responsable for a lot of people loosing their day jobs tomorrow, if the bosses catch them all day going to the FA forum.. lol better give us the info today...

"...And now it is History"
Time to sell my Ultra!!!
The ultras are "vintage" now !
Well, it's Axe-Fx II then.
G66's #1 is pretty conclusive in saying...Is the Axe-fx ultra still the best processor. No, there is something newer now. Maybe it isn't 'faster', but it will be 'better'
Well. I'm off to sell some stuff...

"I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Axe-ageddon, and time keeps a countin' down
But that train keeps a rollin'...on down from Fractal Town"

That's not how Fractal does business.

Not so far but also they have never discontinued a product before.

If it is a new product then it could be at the current Ultra price or it could be more or less than the current Ultra price.
This could make the Standard and the Ultra cheaper or it could make one or both of them 'end of life'.

So far Fractal haven't EOL'd anything so we have no idea how they will handle a product replacement.
We'll know soon enough I guess- or not. :)

If it is new hardware, i will be sorely disappointed. I have only had the Ultra for a month at best. I bought the Ultra knowing (from users) that the Standard was at its peak already, and I didnt want to part out all of my gear for a "maxed out" piece- so i got an Ultra. Actually, its a great unit and it does what I expected it to do. But to have "all-new" hardware come out a month later? That really would suck.

But it also would not fit ANY business model- especially when your "market" is just being established and your brand is becoming a household name.

I am guessing this is a brand new re-working of models and code to work with existing hardware via firmware, AND a repackaging of current hardware -possible new display, maybe USB. I also think there are one of more "partners" involved...maybe with IRs, maybe Tigersharc....
The Standard is probably done.

Then again, maybe this all is just a giant stage to thoroughly test the new forum.....and Fractal releases a "Swag Shop" in the website.

I hope my Ultra isnt replaced, or if it is, that the current hardware is compatible with the release

Back
Top Bottom