A very serious “WOW” moment!

LV tube with Bias set to .50 (or -.50) is a pretty fuzzish sound by itself, add even more compression after that and the sound is as dead as can be.
It's kinda interesting, this fuzz-like setting but I fail to see the 'wow' in this, especially with a compressor afterwards (and I tried pedal and studio in peak and in rms mode)

p.s.
soundcloud tags...

I also thought it was an April Fool's Day post...
Why's that?
  1. Posted on April Fool's Day;
  2. Drive's Bias parameter set to ensure the signal cuts out;
  3. Easily the harshest patch I've ever downloaded from the forum;
  4. Soundcloud errors out when I follow the links you posted.

DonPeterson, I don't know what happened with the tags--the clips play instantly in Internet Explorer and give me the "500 Internal Server Error" in Firefox. An enigma! The sound is fuzzy, yes, but it sounds good to me, I still hope I will manage to post clips that can be actually played. Greetings!

Rex, thank you for the clarification :) I have difficulties to open the clips too, but only in the Firefox browser--Internet Explorer plays them fine.

McAfee strongly suggests I don't visit the zshare site that your clips are posted on. There are six user reports of browser exploits there. Norton users report the same.

Rex, I tried soundcloud and it didn't work; I tried the zshare and it seems to be full of spam. Any suggestions regarding clean web sites for audio sharing? Thank you.

When you're composing your post, click the "Go Advanced" button. In advanced mode, click the attachment paper clip icon.

worst sounding thing ive ever heard, imho

I have to admit I'm wondering if this is an April's Fool thing... I agree with Sympx, and I don't think I could make my Axe sound that bad even if I tried real hard. No offense to the original poster intended, and if you really dig that kind of sound, more power to you for having been able to find it in your rig... but I kinda suspect you're pulling everyone's leg (imagine an April's Fools prank that actually gets loaded onto Axe-FX units all over the world!)

Back
Top Bottom