Idea...! What if endorsed ARTIST'S created patches....?

As has been done with other products, how about the artists such as Vai, Petrucci Shaw & Schon submitting a patch or 2 ??

I can only imagine how sweeeet those would be....and blow us away!
Cliff....?

I'm totally down for this, as I think many users would agree.
This would really send it over the edge and accentuate the grasp of the products niche market selling demographic.
(Plus make life a bit easier for me.)

Alas..... I'm more than happy with the cured gas syndrome.

Yeah but these are rarities.
Mark Day has some pretty amazing patches.
Dweezil is a saint in the patch sharing community in my eyes.

There are quite a few patches included. Examples are Rush, Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, etc....It seems people are finding that most seem to fit a specific artist with a small bit of tweaking. People are also gradually finding other presets that closely match other unrelated artist.

However, with such endorser's as Vai, Petrucci, Tabor, Broadrick, Thorn, and even bassist such as , dare I say (soon to come) Doug Pinnick?, as consumers, our pallets could easily be sated with down-loadable presets from these artists through a revamped and strategically well organized and articulated web page of some sort.

Simply my own opinion.

Yep, to imagine these guys tweakin n' turnin knobs like the rest of us....

Back in my old Digitech GSP 2101 days, the artists they endoresed supplied patches - actually included in factory supplied banks.

@ Potential
I had a Johnson JM250 & a Digitech 2120 GSP at one point. They both had Artist such as Vai. and Satch on them, among others, endorsing it, with presets in the factory banks. I loved them, and only sold them when I got my Pod X3/Axe Ultra Setup.

@ Justin
Agreed. I've been told directly by those working at Fractal that the update should be rather substantial in it's scope and potential. I can't wait either.

I've said it before and it went down like a lead balloon!

theres plenty of guys on the forums that have insanely good patches as well that would be cool if done in the same deal

I'm sure plenty of people would love a devin townsend preset to ;)

saying that ...mark day is a guy that creates awesome stuff but I've never got it to sound anywhere near as good as his......alot is in the gear and the hands

It was under the Facebook page but it's not on there now? Hmmmm basically cliff said that he would try to make it happen but the fractal artist are very protective of the work. Also even they have to promise not to share the presets even jus to help the artist. And they probably won't be the working presets that they use.

I can understand the contractual obligations of this as an intellectual property copyright, but Jesus, let up and relax. It's just guitar tones.

My thing is, obtaining unique guitar tones (classic rock)...so I imagine the artists would create neat ones or ones we could learn or tweak.

"Endorsed." Meh. It is rare that artists use the patches they put into humdrum gear. A good recent example would be Adrian Belew. He has patches in the Eleven Rack, but his live and studio iig is 100% AXE-FX!

Artists in general are a secretive lot and PROTECTIVE of their sound details. They usually probably don't want to just pop out a preset for the world that nails their tone in a box. I have read about Van Halen, Edge, Lifeson, and others that they and their techs would intentionally lie or tell partial truths when they give sound/rig details, just to keep people off the trail.

And I have also read that sometimes, pros don't even make the "signature sounds" in gear themselves-- a tech or some hired gun does it.

Like Justin says... if we can trust to Cliff, Tom and co. to finish the job, then the new Axeedit might answer your wish even better than a "pro package" release, with sounds by the best of the best. I am happy to wait patiently.

"
And I have also read that sometimes, pros don't even make the "signature sounds" in gear themselves-- a tech or some hired gun does it.

Like Justin says... if we can trust to Cliff, Tom and co. to finish the job, then the new Axeedit might answer your wish even better than a "pro package" release, with sounds by the best of the best. I am happy to wait patiently.

wouldn't suprise me some of the pros wouldnt do there sounds either!

whats the news on the new axe-edit!??!? where did it mention that info?

For some reason I always seem to be disappointed with artist patches. I get them, play them, and think - whoa, it that really what he would play.....then slink back into my rabbit hole of "bad tone"....

Maybe they make their shared patches intentionally "different" so as to confuse everyone even more.......

This is why I wanted to protect my patches from being stolen. But everyone only laughed. Funny, I think like a professional.

Back
Top Bottom