Idea...! What if endorsed ARTIST'S created patches....?

Obviously, but for how many years did people want to sound like Metallica/Pantera?
Uhh, how about zero? That's exactly how long I've wanted to sound like that.

The thing is, I wouldn't want little arrogant kids sounding like me without any effort required.
Must....resist...obvious replies.... (turning away from temptation).

I just wanted to add that many guitarists whose playing and writing I admire have, in my opinion, horrible tone in many instances. Being a talented player/writer doesn't mean you know how to achieve great tone. Being famous certainly doesn't.

I just wanted to add that many guitarists whose playing and writing I admire have, in my opinion, horrible tone in many instances. Being a talented player/writer doesn't mean you know how to achieve great tone. Being famous certainly doesn't.

I couldn't agree more! Case in point; EVH's tone on the first album was horrendous. At that time, he could have been playing through a Sears Silvertone and it wouldn't have mattered...cause he was playing ground breaking shit, so the tone was secondary.
As for artist tones.....that doesn't interest me in the least. I would settle for some decent presets. The clean presets in my Standard, (most of which are mad effected patches) are quite good as a whole. The distorted amp tones on the other hand are just not that good out of the box.
I have seen many folks on here with the attitude that patches are like IP. I don't get that line of thinking. Their take is..."hey ,I spent the time programming this thing, so should you". Well......I have been playing 35 years, have enough experience and patience to be able to create some killer tones from the ground up......but it doesn't mean I WANT to. The great thing about patch sharing is that many can serve as a great starting point to build off of. I enjoy playing, recording, writing.....I don't get juiced about programming. If I can take an existing patch, tweak it, and make it usable for me in a quarter of the time it takes to build one from the ground up, that's the way I am going to go. Why reinvent the wheel??

Go ahead and kick me off this forum, shit like this makes me stop caring anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundshell777 View Post
Trade secret's=bullshit.
Prometh: Tell that to Cliff.

I don't think I need to, He already shared EVERYTHING with us, and gave us nearly 400 presets and user slots, effects, manuals, etc..
What the *uck have you done except to basically call people stupid, tell them to *uck off and your free tones (which I've personally downloaded many times) are worth paying for, because your cooler than they are.

Prometh: - From Soundshell777:Trademarks, intellectual property, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundshell777 View Post
keeping things to yourself has no value.
Prometh: It makes money.

If you don't sell things, then there is no reason to copyright, trademark, etc...They are legal options for selling a product. If it was free for everyone, you wouldn't need to sell it or have these available as an option. And if *ssholes like you decide to sell them on SHARING FORUM PAGES!!!, you can all eat my *hit, and take a reading class. Id be happy if they simply included them in an update, I am not directly emailing artists and begging to them to make me cool for having their tone, and asking if I can exploit their hard work. I think we've agree that we all paid 2k for this. In Michigan that's a used car. And I WOULD PAY FOR ARTISTS PRESETS if they trademarked them as intellectual properties, as a down loadable package.

Prometh:I hate arrogant nerds.

How about simply informed nerds who aren't afraid to not take *hit from people like you and stand up for the users of this product and support the spirit of individuality.
I'm blatantly aware you said nothing about that, or the tones I've FREELY SHARED WITH YOU, as well as everyone else.
Why don't you go quote more things out of context, and be an *sshole somewhere else.

Last edited:
What I hate are people who bully others and have no idea what they are taking about.

Also, I find it a bit funny when people quote others out of context to degrade them and wind up making the other persons point for them. Irony - gotta love it!

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...d-Justice-for-All...-attempt-(patch-included)

Feb-4-2011 04:53 PM #10
prometh

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* Visit Homepage
* Add as Contact

The justice tone is actually my least favourite as it always sounded over-produced to me. It doesn't have the balls of their other tones. However, I still think it's cool. I think you've pretty much nailed it, multi-tracked or not; it just needs some roll-off on the top end.. but hey, to each their own. I'll be adding it to my collection You've saved me from having to figure it all out

My "Band": Chosen Blood

BC Rich Warlock → Axe-Fx Ultra → Stewart World 1.2 → passive Atomic Reactor FRs (in stereo)

Forum Behavior

FORUM BEHAVIOR POLICY

Welcome to the Fractal forum. This is a friendly group, which abides by just a few simple rules. If you cannot follow the rules you will be warned. Three warnings will result in a temporary ban of 30 days. Further infractions will result in a ban of 90 days. After that you will be banned permanently.

1. First and foremost, be civil and courteous. Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated.

2. No excessively foul language, trolling, hate speech, or adult content. Also, don't SHOUT.

3. None of this stuff like "I can hear something and if you can't hear it you're an idiot." Tone is subjective and personal. If others don't agree with your opinion that's life. Take the "stereophile" nonsense elsewhere.

4. Respect the moderators and the founders of the forum. The moderators do their job without pay and graciously dedicate their time.

5. It costs money to host this forum. As such it's not a democracy. The guy who pays the bill (me) has the ultimate say.

If you have a question or a problem with this forum, with another user, for whatever reason, please use the Contact Us link in the forum footer.

I believe I pretty much broke all of these. Let the first warning come. I'm sick of this, and something needs to be said about it, for the sake of good upstanding people willing to proceed with the forum rules, and understand what the word sharing means.. Sometimes things are more than opinions, even when words are quite legible.
A lot of artists have since endorsed the product since the updates have been coming, and again. Ive been informed that they will be great. I was also informed that preset SHARING will not suck. Not Preset BUYING.
I've been more than compliant with the forum rules, and shared ( keyword here, as the form intends) every preset I have , and even given the props to those who patches I've renamed for personal organizational purposes, and re-posted. If there is an option to buy them like Line6 has, Ill comply, and be fine with it, as I'm sure everyone will be, like it or not.
Thank you- I'm done with this.
Next time Ill use the contact us link for this.

Last edited:
Guys, you should be friends. You have the SAME amp. Maybe there is more you share! :razz
Now start recording some music with this energy and it will sound wicked!

Regards

Wahhh Wahhh Wahhhhhh I love intense forum "fights" lol touchy touchy! how about everyone writes some riffs and use there axe-fx the way it was meant to instead of complaining....

Side note- I think it artists should share some of there knowledge, but if they want to keep it to themselves, whatever, it would defintiely be cool to see more of the well known fractal artists or "endorsed" on here and sharing there knowledge and experience!!

The best thing is that the really big artist does not make their patches themselve. They send their guitar tech to the FAS University or ask Cliff or one of his tech to provide the patch they want. Big artist have other priorities then trying mastering the Axe. The only exception I know of is Dweezil.

I know for a fact that Steve Vai needs to practice emotional facial expressions in front of the mirror for 2 hours a day.

I've downloaded several of his facial expressions from his website.

I know for a fact that Steve Vai needs to practice emotional facial expressions in front of the mirror for 2 hours a day.

I've downloaded several of his facial expressions from his website.

:lol :lol LOL (almost fel from my chair)

And I know for a fact that John Petrucci is playing with weights for 3 hours a day. His mission is to become the Hulk Hogan of the guitar. Not only the fastest but also the strongest so he can sqeeze the guitar neck for playing arabic mixoladian notes at razor speed. So fast we can not hear it anymore.

Man I would buy a ticket if they did a gig like this together!

I don't see this as an issue that will be resolved by argument, although I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying. My take on it is that this is part of our community values: if I share an idea with you, and you then extend it, is it proper to cling to that result or are you implicitly bound to share it?

You might compare this to college, where the profs teach you a skill and you then go out and earn a living with it; in that case the college generally has no claim on any intellectual property you create based on that knowledge. Or you might compare it to the open source movement in software, where in general you do have to share any modifications with the open source community.

In college the implied contract is clear: you exchange something of value (tuition) and get something of value in return (knowledge). In open source the contract is spelled out in the license: you get to use the work of others for free as long as you contribute your work back to the community.

Neither case is directly analogous to the situation here. It appears that most of us feel that we should repay the help we've received by trying to contribute back to the community. You can reject this obligation if you want, and unless you abuse your privileges nothing much will happen, other than some people might be less enthusiastic about working to solve your problems. I think we have a good group of people here and the moderators have done a good job keeping things on track.

Back
Top Bottom