1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea...! What if endorsed ARTIST'S created patches....?

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Preset and Cab Exchange' started by ToneCollector, Feb 1, 2011.

1. prometh

prometh
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

The team fails when the star can't be a member of the team, but a star must still be a star :)

2. hussamd

hussamd
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Very true, but it is lonely at the top :)

3. prometh

prometh
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Not if you're married ;)

4. Matman

Matman
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

ding ding ding ding ding! Bingo.

5. prometh

prometh
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I don't expect you to understand a winner's attitude ;)

6. flyingfadr

flyingfadr
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

paying for presets is ridiculous... as everyone has different tastes, one person's perfect tone is another person's sonic turd...

7. JohnIce

JohnIce
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I really don't understand that argument. I really like all my tones and some of them are very similar or even based on an artist's tone. Does that stop me from buying that artist's records? Hahahah no... added to that fact, there are plenty of artists and bands whose music I don't care for, and would never in my life try to replicate, but I like their tones. My lead tone is a TriAxis which sounds spot-on when I'm fooling around with Images and Words-era Dream Theater leads, but in my own band, no-one in their right mind would say we sound anything like Dream Theater :lol: And lately, I've modded that tone by using the Plexi tonestack and backing off some gain, which is all my own preference and playing style building on the Petrucci-style tone. Not to mention my choice of guitar and pickups are nothing like JP's.

My main gripe with your argument however is that you're insinuating people buy records because of guitar tones. Or that a guitarist's main source of income is his tone. That's ridiculous, in my humble opinion. Good music is good regardless of tone, and vice versa. Besides, if you're so dead-set on tone being intellectual property, I think you should return the Axe-Fx to Cliff and build your own damn gear ;)

8. boardwlk17

boardwlk17
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Most of the pros only use FX on the AXEFX, if you have there exact patch its not going to sound like them

9. DPinNYC

DPinNYC
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I have some great custom patches for my Ultra and am looking to trade and share new ones. Particularly interested in Fender twin and blackface, wave pressure (single/double delay to pitch shift) Jimi (clean), drive, and beatbox like sounds. Anyone out there with a bead on the same?