New Fractal product coming!!

Are there any DSP nerds in here familiar with recent developments? If there was a cheaper, smaller new DSP out that runs cool and consumes much less power, yet would be powerful enough to run individual Fractal blocks, it would be a clue of maybe a small, affordable stomp-size unit coming. Wouldn’t that be cool!
Nerdier than Mr Chase?

You can't seriously think he hasn't asked these questions himself.

Sorry, but you're confidently wrong. There are plenty of interfaces new and old that have no mic preamps or XLR inputs and don't do anything above 48khz. MOTU Firewire interfaces of yore are the most obvious examples and they're one of several manufacturers that make interfaces without mic preamps with the assumption that one would be using outboard gear for this purpose. The Axe-Fx is absolutely a real audio interface (though perhaps not a purpose-built one). On a similar note: choosing to skip two inherently-unnecessary steps of conversion by using AES/SPDIF instead of an outboard interface doesn't make one "[un]serious" so much as it just means that they prefer a different workflow.
Maybe so, but I very much prefer something that is designed as an interface first and not as an add-on.

It's a combo Talent pedal / BS and Endless speculation mute switch... which adds Bloom to the Talent pedal... they teamed together with Joe Perry, to finally help guitarist to shut up about how awesome they are and "Let The Music Do The Talking..." ;-)

If I had to place an actual, guess, I would say it’s something to compete with the toneX one. A very low priced entry level into modeling in the form of a simple small pedal.
Market wise, that’s what I’d be going after.

If I had to place an actual, guess, I would say it’s something to compete with the toneX one. A very low priced entry level into modeling in the form of a simple small pedal.
Market wise, that’s what I’d be going after.
I have the same thought. It would expand their potential user base with first time Fractal users who might then trade up to the higher end units. I would definitely buy one as a backup unit and vacation amp.

Should have clarified.. FX ONLY unit that is 1u and that is less than half the cost..

I figured it would be a little more self explanatory.
The AXE-FX III offers everything you are wishing for already (plus amp modeling). You just want it to be one rack space instead of three, and half the cost?

The AXE-FX III offers everything you are wishing for already (plus amp modeling). You just want it to be one rack space instead of three, and half the cost?
See my previous reply. If you don't need amp modeling you are paying for a lot of processing power you can't use.

Back
Top Bottom