Let’s see your les pauls

This is what happens when you surf threads like these and the wife is out for the night LOL

I haven't owned a Les Paul in probably 20+ years, but I was looking around and saw this Slash AFD for a great used price so I pulled the trigger, not sure if im gonna keep it or return it as of yet. If it stays my Taylor T5Z Koa will most likely have to be cut to cover it. \
Just one crappy pic for now if it stays ill take some better ones

I will say im really diggin it, I need to get a set of 11's on it though and see how I feel about it.
I like the top!

This is what happens when you surf threads like these and the wife is out for the night LOL

I haven't owned a Les Paul in probably 20+ years, but I was looking around and saw this Slash AFD for a great used price so I pulled the trigger, not sure if im gonna keep it or return it as of yet. If it stays my Taylor T5Z Koa will most likely have to be cut to cover it. \
Just one crappy pic for now if it stays ill take some better ones

I will say im really diggin it, I need to get a set of 11's on it though and see how I feel about it.
that sure is purdy!

Finally found a picture of this one. She's in the shop getting rewired (to save the original harness) and new pickups (just didn't bond with the tarbacks that were in it). Still not sure what I'll end up with in there, but for now, it'll be a BKP Crawler bridge and a BKP Mule set in the middle and neck.

Edit: 1977 Gibson Les Paul Artisan

20200625_000107.jpg

Finally found a picture of this one. She's in the shop getting rewired (to save the original harness) and new pickups (just didn't bond with the tarbacks that were in it). Still not sure what I'll end up with in there, but for now, it'll be a BKP Crawler bridge and a BKP Mule set in the middle and neck.

Edit: 1977 Gibson Les Paul Artisan

View attachment 138865
Nice, don't know that model.

While you're changing stuff up, have you considered a Freeway switch, to get access to more of the possible pickup combinations?

Honestly, I'm still debating what I want to with the wiring on that one. Partly want to keep it original (like), but it would certainly be more useful with more combinations available. Besides, finding those 3-way switches for a 3-pickup guitar with gold hardware is next to impossible (I've got one somewhere in addition to the original harness). I've considered the Freeway, but am not quite convinced of its ruggedness, heard good and bad. I've considered a push-pull, too, but am currently leaning towards 3V+1T.

Somewhat rare model, but not too hard to find. I've always liked the inlays, taken my a '30s banjo, I think. Here's a somewhat smaller pic of the headstock.

20200625_000256.jpg

I recently grabbed this R8. I wouldn't have needed another Les Paul, but I found it interesting because of the '59 neck profile and the very low weight. Only 3,4 kg/7.5lb unchambered! The previous owner installed a set of Bare Knuckle Peacemaker pickups, some kind of overwound PAF. I don't know how big their impact is, but I like it :)
IMG_8217_2.jpg

Double whites work with figure too ;)

Yeah, they do. But, I've got a couple fancy-top guitars. IDK...a lot of the time when I go looking for a guitar, I find something different.

I'm in no danger of it happening soon. I'm very happy with my current crop of guitars and have a lot of other things to spend money on.

** Looks at above post **
HAVE MERCY!
8lbs even too. No weight relief, just a magic lightweight Les Paul. The top is very, very thin nitro because I had a little accident involving super glue and the top about 6 months after I bought it new. My luthier / tech wet sanded the top and got most of the damage out, but it was an instant relic with a thinner finish…it slays

Back
Top Bottom