Let’s see your les pauls

Here is my Les Paul Classic.
As you can see when I got it, it had those ugly snot green/yellow fret markers.
I was not having any part of that.
I got new mother of pearl inlays and and did a refret at the same time.
Then installed SD Saturday Night Special pickups and changed the electronics to my liking, PRS knobs, locking Kluson tuners.
How you liking those Saturday Night Special pickups? Been thinking about putting a set in my Standard and maybe Explorer.

Your Les Pauls are wicked.......very nice! Just had to chime in here with a plus 1 for Kim at Historic Makeovers........my '04 R0 that I sent to him
for the "whole enchilada" RDS treatment is one that I love and will never sell.
The goldtop is the better of the two for some reason - there's a myth that unfigured Maple, which is what would be under that gold paint, is harder than figured maple so it should result in a bit more attack and bite and perhaps a touch more top end - personally I think that is absolute bullshwizzle....... but, the 57RI is a better sounding guitar than the 59RI for whatever reason, and other than the colour they are supposedly identical.

The goldtop is the better of the two for some reason - there's a myth that unfigured Maple, which is what would be under that gold paint, is harder than figured maple so it should result in a bit more attack and bite and perhaps a touch more top end - personally I think that is absolute bullshwizzle....... but, the 57RI is a better sounding guitar than the 59RI for whatever reason, and other than the colour they are supposedly identical.
Here's mine by the way: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/let’s-see-your-les-pauls.182336/post-2245807

How you liking those Saturday Night Special pickups? Been thinking about putting a set in my Standard and maybe Explorer.

I do like the SNS pickups! No want to change them.
I do use a treble bleed and a special tone cap so the tone doesn't turn to mud on 5!

That’s such a gorgeous top that I’d just leave it off, but I’m not typically a big fan of a pick guard hiding a flame top.

Back
Top Bottom