Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

wrong.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scene_MIDI_block

About the Scene MIDI block​

This block lets you send up to 8 CC or PC MIDI messages through the MIDI OUT port upon scene changes, through different MIDI channels if needed. The MIDI messages can vary per scene.

Read my post again. What you just posted doesn’t contradict what I wrote at all.

The MIDI block does send up to eight different sets of MIDI messages per scene. But that is all done under one channel of the MIDI block itself that is spread across all eight scenes.

In other words, those library items you are saving and reloading are saving and reloading the entire block across all 8 scenes. You cannot only save or recall one scene’s worth of MIDI commands into the library.

Last edited:
Read my post again. What you just posted doesn’t contradict what I wrote at all.

I guess I will have to revert to fw 22.01, create a video, and show how it used to behave. The library for that scene midi block command string, once saved, would only change the value for the selected scene, not all the scenes.

I guess I will have to revert to fw 22.01, create a video, and show how it used to behave. The library for that scene midi block command string, once saved, would only change the value for the selected scene, not all the scenes.
A library loads a channel. The Scene Midi block has one channel so it loads all values for all scenes.

It's working correctly here.

When you load a block from the library, you load either a channel of the block or an entire block depending on what you saved.

In the case of the Scene Midi block, it's irrelevant because there is only a single channel in the block.

When you change scenes, it doesn't matter - you are replacing the (same) single channel of the block.

Now, the Scene Midi block is special because it's the only block type that supports different settings for the same channel in different scenes (as far as I am aware)... But in any case, each time you load from the block library you're replacing it entirely.

If you change scenes and manually enter different settings you should see the behavior you're expecting.

I reverted back to axe exit III 1.13.02, and fw 22.01. It jacked up most of my presets, and i lost my library settings,

video:

If you will notice, when I select a library in scene 1, it doesn't perpetuate across all scenes. This is the behavior I was used to.

Now, it could be that what I was experiencing was a bug, and it was fixed somewhere between 1.13.02 and the latest axe edit.

However, it was a nice feature to be able to select a library entry and have it just be applied to the current scene in a preset, not all scenes.

I'm going to now attempt to update to the latest and get all my presets back.

I reverted back to axe exit III 1.13.02, and fw 22.01. It jacked up most of my presets, and i lost my library settings,

video:

If you will notice, when I select a library in scene 1, it doesn't perpetuate across all scenes. This is the behavior I was used to.

Now, it could be that what I was experiencing was a bug, and it was fixed somewhere between 1.13.02 and the latest axe edit.

However, it was a nice feature to be able to select a library entry and have it just be applied to the current scene in a preset, not all scenes.

I'm going to now attempt to update to the latest and get all my presets back.

Your first video shows loading a different item from the block library than your 2nd video and we have no way to know what the settings for each scene should be (in the saved block) so it's pretty hard for us to say whether you're seeing something unusual or not...

k, to avoid embarrassment asking here earlier, I've tried Googling to find out what "OG" stands for wrt EVH amps - no dice, soo, scuse my ignorance: what the heck is "OG"?.

cola-cannabis-flower-og-kush-strain.jpg

Which is really a Mark II, this is ridiculous!

Randall did a Mark VI prototype, but then the pandemic happened, which mean that going into
production was not feasible due to supply chain issues. In the meantime, he kept tinkering, and
he also had some new ideas, so he completely reworked it. Since the VI was a prototype, and never
went into production, the idea was that it would be the Mark VII when it was actually released.

I'll see if I can dig up the interview.

I personally think the V is the most amazing and versatile Mark series amp Mesa has made, and
own one. I am super excited about it being modeled in the Fractalverse.

Sorry for the brief detour fellas.

Last edited:
Thanks bro! so Mark VII Mode = Badlander. I've never played that particular amp, yet. For some reason I thought the Triple Crown was supposed to do the "British" thing. Thought Badlander was just a minor variation on the Dual Recto, didn't realize it had a different tone circuit. Mesa had so many Dual Recto variations, I lost count. From what I remember, Lone Star, Road King, Stiletto, Maverick, Blue Angel, Royal Atlantic, Fudge Pudding, yada yada...

Any insight how the original 5150 differs from the stealth model ? (Atleast the models in the AXEFX)

Like what makes it a stealth version essentially

The Stealth Version is named that way because the real amps come in 3 versions, a 6L6 version, an EL34 version and a Stealth version. They also have 50w and lunchbox versions of each. The differences are just some circuit tweaks and changes.

Which is really a Mark II, this is ridiculous!
Except it's only a Mark IIC+, not a MArk IIA, IIB, IIC, or IIC++.

Thanks bro! so Mark VII Mode = Badlander. I've never played that particular amp, yet. For some reason I thought the Triple Crown was supposed to do the "British" thing. Thought Badlander was just a minor variation on the Dual Recto, didn't realize it had a different tone circuit. Mesa had so many Dual Recto variations, I lost count. From what I remember, Lone Star, Road King, Stiletto, Maverick, Blue Angel, Royal Atlantic, Fudge Pudding, yada yada...

Haha! I get it. Mesa = Baskin Robbins. 🤣

Mesa has also worked on that "British" sound in dozens of iterations over the years, too. I just think
the Badlander is the latest iteration.

IMO and many others, I almost think calling the Badlander a Recto, is kind of strange its more in the Mesa does Hot rodded Marshall camp .

Back
Top Bottom