Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Step 1, take off the end cap and saw the hole for the ac/switch module…waiting on right angle connectors for the pedals and one 2 xlr module and then ask you folks how to mount the fm9 and pedals. :)
Oh, and when is @ZenRigs Man going to have the screen protectors done…
IMG_6838.jpeg

Here is my rig from last Friday and Saturday evening.
I personally never understand the need to mount a pedalboard on a pedalboard because the FM9 is a pedalboard in itself. The last thing I want to do is carry more heavy sh*t to a gig.

IMG_1990 Large.jpeg
All packed into 1 SKB pelican case with all of my cables, wireless, usb, etc underneath it. Never had it so easy!
IMG_1996 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup....here is my rig from last Friday and Saturday evening.
I personally never understand the need to mount a pedalboard on a pedalboard because the FM9 is a pedalboard in itself. The last thing I want to do is carry more heavy sh*t to a gig.

View attachment 130631
All packed into 1 SKB pelican case with all of my cables, wireless, usb, etc underneath it. Never had it so easy!
View attachment 130632
Pelican or SKB? Can't be both ;)

Here is my rig from last Friday and Saturday evening.

View attachment 130631
View attachment 130632
yes there is a compromise to be found with the weight, the FM9 and my 3 expression pedals on a plate it reduces the cable time no bad surprises, it's always OK

I personally never understand the need to mount a pedalboard on a pedalboard

It at least kinda protects the expensive thing from the floor, raises it a bit for liquid spills that don't hit it directly, raises some of the fan holes furthe away from dust and trash, and gives you a good place to put anything that isn't in the unit itself....like expression pedals, other pedals you still want for whatever reason, power supplies, etc.

I do want to go to a flatter one - I don't need to put much underneath it (just a buck converter and some cables), but, putting my fm3 on the pedaltrain board I already owned on about day 2 of ownership was a choice I never really questioned. The angled pedalboard in general....that was a bigger compromise than the existence of the board.

It at least kinda protects the expensive thing from the floor, raises it a bit for liquid spills that don't hit it directly, raises some of the fan holes furthe away from dust and trash, and gives you a good place to put anything that isn't in the unit itself....like expression pedals, other pedals you still want for whatever reason, power supplies, etc.
It also lets you leave the ports on the expensive thing wired up and move all the wear & tear to an easy-to-repair panel.

So I went through all of the pages of these rig postings while I was on the waitlist for my FM9. You guys created some epic stuff!

I built something simple and clean. Def not as fancy as some 😂 But I just wanted an ATA case that could just drop and connect at a BBQ or a big venue.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0905.jpeg
    IMG_0905.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0904.jpeg
    IMG_0904.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0903.jpeg
    IMG_0903.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
So I went through all of the pages of these rig postings while I was on the waitlist for my FM9. You guys created some epic stuff!

I built something simple and clean. Def not as fancy as some 😂 But I just wanted an ATA case that could just drop and connect at a BBQ or a big venue.
Love your setup!

How are you fixing the FM9 on the board?

And was this case custom-made or commercially available?

Thx!
J

Got the output module and trs cables in.
Not real happy with the 4 input module with plastic nuts. Some complain they are noisy?!
I just want one guitar input. If I drill a hole in one of the side panels, is there a module, 1/4 to 1/4, super well shielded metal module out there?
IMG_2851.jpeg

Got the output module and trs cables in.
Not real happy with the 4 input module with plastic nuts. Some complain they are noisy?!
I just want one guitar input. If I drill a hole in one of the side panels, is there a module, 1/4 to 1/4, super well shielded metal module out there?
View attachment 130956
Yes, you get a mini module from Temple and use one of these TS passthrough..

Amazon product ASIN B07L6P662X

Attachments

• IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom