FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no big deal, but if you're editing DynaCab position, on the second side, the first side position flickers (in FM3 Edit) , the sound doesn't seem to change, just a UI thing. ..

Refresh After Firmware Update in the editor... This is probably post 1000 on the same problem.

After 1000 posts where people are confused on this point, you have to pause and ask yourself "Is there a way we could improve the upgrade process to avoid all this confusion?".

Mercifully, the OP in this thread was edited to add a comment mentioning the refresh step.

Last edited:
After 1000 posts where people are confused on this point, you have to pause and ask yourself "Is there a way we could improve the upgrade process to avoid all this confusion?".

Mercifully, the OP in this thread was edited to add a comment mentioning the refresh step, but the Note on the download page for the Axe-FX still makes no mention of this. The DynaCab readme file makes no mention of this either.
I agree if there was a way when the firmware requires this to have a pop up box that would probably help
Assuming they have read the rest of the release notes but at least seeing a prompt would stop the question do I need to refresh this time ?

IMHO - "Refresh After Firmware Update" - should automatically be executed after the install as part of the install/upgrade procedure and not be up to the user to remember or figure out.
Should be part of the "reboot when finished" routine....
If I remember correctly, official releases do it automatically, but for betas you should do it manually

Because beta testers should know better? (And shouldn't clog the forum with this issue over and over again? Lol)
If it's happening 1000 times per update (beta or not) then it's up to the manufacturer to simplify or try to idiot-proof the routine.
Then, you might see a reduction of occurrences regarding this topic.

That's true but that's what they actually did with official releases.
From my point of view, beta is not for everyone, and the ones going with the betas should use it with a little amount of knowledge, not using as a I-cannot-wait-for-the-official release. That means also that I'm not expecting devs to give beta and official the same support: beta, by definition, is an aid to devs to find bugs and problems, not an alternative release where they waste time holding hands to users who cannot update properly. IMHO of course. :)

That's true but that's what they actually did with official releases.
From my point of view, beta is not for everyone, and the ones going with the betas should use it with a little amount of knowledge, not using as a I-cannot-wait-for-the-official release. That means also that I'm not expecting devs to give beta and official the same support: beta, by definition, is an aid to devs to find bugs and problems, not an alternative release where they waste time holding hands to users who cannot update properly. IMHO of course. :)
Most users that are not on a mission-critical tours will immediately update their units to the latest version just to try out the new toys whether it's ready for primetime or not.
Like it or not - We are all Beta testers, whether officially recognized or not.

Most users that are not on a mission-critical tours will immediately update their units to the latest version just to try out the new toys whether it's ready for primetime or not.
Like it or not - We are all Beta testers, whether officially recognized or not.

We’re beta testers and officially recognized. That’s why it’s a public beta. Your suggestion to include the refresh as part of the install is a good one. At the same time it’s aggravating that some users plow right in and don’t read the directions or multiple posts about the issue in the update threads. After all, the only way to get the beta is from the link in the thread.

IMHO - "Refresh After Firmware Update" - should automatically be executed after the install as part of the install/upgrade procedure and not be up to the user to remember or figure out.
Should be part of the "reboot when finished" routine....
It may depend on what order you install.

I install firmware first and then FM edit. Once I launch FM edit for the first time it automatically refreshes block definitions.

We’re beta testers and officially recognized. That’s why it’s a public beta. Your suggestion to include the refresh as part of the install is a good one. At the same time it’s aggravating that some users plow right in and don’t read the directions or multiple posts about the issue in the update threads. After all, the only way to get the beta is from the link in the thread.
I'm still not convinced that in betas it should be automatic. In official has a sense, since you'll always need it. But switching between betas, maybe to find where a bug occurs, it's not needed, and the automation would be only a huge waste of time of the real testers, who help devs in the troubleshooting process.
There's nothing wrong for most of us wanting to try early the gifts santa-fractal have for us in the latest firmware, but we should learn to read instructions, wikis and manual, not asking devs to automate everything to solve our laxyness. Maybe they spoiled us too much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom