FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! So this is the same as "Input trim" parameter of the amp block?

I don't see the Amp block Input Trim changing when I change Input Gain. So, as the name suggests, it is a different parameter? What does it do, how to use it properly? Sorry, the description in Wiki explains pretty much nothing :/
No... It globally scales the input signal. It's "like" Input Trim but it affects the signal from the input not at the Amp block and it's independent of the preset.

You can use it to "boost" level from a guitar with lower output or "tame" one with higher output.

I didn't see the genius in RANF until now. Much less typing to get users up and running again!
Except when they don't know what it means and ask, and a bunch of people begin typing in response. ¯\(ツ) :)

Maybe if you altered it a little to read…

(Be sure to execute Settings->Refresh after new Firmware) ("RANF")

Then it'd be in front of a lot more people a lot more quickly.

Last edited:
Question regarding dyna-cab behaviour in FM3-Edit.

If I select the position of the mic with the mouse, I can move the mic from left to right, up and down.

But I can not move it with the arrow keys of the keyboard.

Is that the correct behaviour?

The fact that I, a sixties born non native English speaking buffoon, figured out what RANF means all by himself made me kinda proud. It’s going right up there with RTFM en RATM.
The Dyna-Cabs takes some meddling with mics, angles and distances, just like in the “real world”. So we are getting yet another step closer, only this time I can store the mic/angle/distance settings and that, compared to the “real world” where you have to take things down after a session, is simply gold!

Question regarding dyna-cab behaviour in FM3-Edit.

If I select the position of the mic with the mouse, I can move the mic from left to right, up and down.

But I can not move it with the arrow keys of the keyboard.

Is that the correct behaviour?
Highlight the particular knob you want to adjust by tabbing to it or clicking it, then try the up/down keys. You can also press Return when it’s highlighted to enter a value IIRC.

Highlight the particular knob you want to adjust by tabbing to it or clicking it, then try the up/down keys. You can also press Return when it’s highlighted to enter a value IIRC.
Yes, that works everywhere except when the focus in in the mic position itself.
I guess my post was not clear enough. I try it again.
If I click the mic position with the mouse, I can move the mic position with the mouse (the focus is in the mic position). If I go then to press the arrow keys, nothing happens (the mic position doesn't change).
So I wonder if this is the correct behaviour or not.
In the AX3 can you move the mic position with the arrow keys?

Refresh After Firmware Update in the editor... This is probably post 1000 on the same problem.

I guess nobody reads these threads?

The bold red text was a good step, but I think they need to go full Alice's Restaurant on 'em, and put it in the middle of the post, away from everything else on the post, in parentheses, capital letters, quotated.... :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom