Confused by Telecasters

Speaking of Tele's I was eyeing a Schecter PT Nick Johnston Diamond Series recently. Looks like a good bang for the buck Tele style. For the features say if Fender did it would be twice as much probably.

Of all the people in the forum, you are who I would most expect to buy it! 😉 Thanks for your restraint!

For clarity, I plan on trading in an old pocket POD, a Orange Micro Terror and Orange cab, an old acoustic, and a zebra wood PRS SE Custom 24 which gets little play time from me.
I could never jump on someone's dream guitar, brother! But it was a good laugh!!!!! 😎

At the risk of sounding insane, I have basically talked my self into going to the store again, bringing some gear I don’t use anymore, and trading it all in towards this: https://www.gearmusic.com/store/pro...s-telecaster-butterscotch-w-ohsc?sku=ZZZ00790

If y’all think this is a stupid idea, let me know. But this Tele was as magical as my new Ultra Luxe. Just in a different way. So naturally, I want (need, as I’m sure you understand) both of them.

PS. If you live near Oakville, please don’t be a jerk. I want this one! Please don’t buy it before I do…
Just down the 401/403 - never heard of this store, whats the deal?

BBC5A025-2FA0-4726-B10A-36935F9C68D5.jpeg

Just down the 401/403 - never heard of this store, whats the deal?
A) Gorgeous axe.
B) It's where I got my Ultra Luxe. First time there, and it is easily, far and away without any question of a doubt, the best customer service I've ever had in a guitar store. Super friendly, let me plug into any and every amp with any guitar, listened to my questions. Even went so far as to replace strings for me and lower action on some guitars that had been there a while. Walked out with a freshly set up Ultra Luxe and notes from their tech about what might need some attention in the humid summer months, at no cost. It was wild.

I managed not to go play a Player Plus Nashville Telecaster Maple Fingerboard Butterscotch Blonde today.
It was touch and go there for minute though...
Anyone have any sense of what those pickups sound like, being noiseless and all? Never played noiseless tele pickups, but I didn't care for the noiseless strat pickups I played in a store a while ago.

Anyone have any sense of what those pickups sound like, being noiseless and all? Never played noiseless tele pickups, but I didn't care for the noiseless strat pickups I played in a store a while ago.
I didn’t like the noiseless pickups in nearly any Tele I played. Kind of muted and muddy and cold. The noiseless pickups in my Ultra Luxe are a little different — Fender says they’re meant to sound vintage. They have a 50s vibe and warmth to them that I really like (relative to the other 50s models I played in the store). But your mileage may vary.

At the risk of sounding insane, I have basically talked my self into going to the store again, bringing some gear I don’t use anymore, and trading it all in towards this: https://www.gearmusic.com/store/pro...s-telecaster-butterscotch-w-ohsc?sku=ZZZ00790

If y’all think this is a stupid idea, let me know. But this Tele was as magical as my new Ultra Luxe. Just in a different way. So naturally, I want (need, as I’m sure you understand) both of them.

PS. If you live near Oakville, please don’t be a jerk. I want this one! Please don’t buy it before I do…
Based on Gear Music's consignment policy (no upfront payment, the gear must sell first, which makes sense), this Tele doesn't seem in my cards. Thanks to anybody who wanted it for not snagging it out from under me while I tried to assemble the funds. But if you had any interest, you're welcome to it.

Cheers!

Hi

I am late on that boat

You could also look to G+L ASAT

the left one is most classical original tone I guess you looking for- Most right is my Les Paul ; - )

Best regards

Roland
Yea, lots of good advice in this thread, but I'll toss in here to say that my ASATs are the best T types I've ever played. I put some Lambertone Blondies in the blue one, and the shoreline gold one has the stock jumbo MFDs, which someone posted earlier in the thread about them being too bright- the general rule with G&L MFD pickups is that you typically roll off the tone knob to some extent- I never run mine all the way on 10. Once you back off that tone knob, they're really great sounding pickups- some of my favorites. Either way OP, G&Ls can be bought on the cheap used if you keep your eyes out, and they're great sounding instruments. IMG_7692.JPGIMG_4359.JPG

Yea, lots of good advice in this thread, but I'll toss in here to say that my ASATs are the best T types I've ever played. I put some Lambertone Blondies in the blue one, and the shoreline gold one has the stock jumbo MFDs, which someone posted earlier in the thread about them being too bright- the general rule with G&L MFD pickups is that you typically roll off the tone knob to some extent- I never run mine all the way on 10. Once you back off that tone knob, they're really great sounding pickups- some of my favorites. Either way OP, G&Ls can be bought on the cheap used if you keep your eyes out, and they're great sounding instruments. View attachment 120333View attachment 120334
Wish they had a Nashville model, tele w a strat middle pickup.

If you're a three-saddle fan, and you're OCD about intonation, check out the Gotoh swivel saddles. They're tweakable down to a gnat's ass.

311-mAYqx0L._AC_.jpg

41fjgY7mHeL._AC_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom