Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tangent to the current discussion

You’d think the axe fx iii would need more RAM instead of a faster CPU for more blocks no?
No. Dropping in another block doesn’t eat up much RAM. It’s the CPU that does the work of turning that block into sound.

Look at it another way: you already have enough RAM to drop in so many blocks that you run out of CPU. So you need more CPU.

Anybody see issues with 82-85% CPU being used? I have few kitchen sink presets and with the Preamp and High Quality I'm in that range.

I generally run at 85% without any issues -- and I use an outboard MIDI controller rather than an FC; I have no idea how using an FC plays into CPU usage.

Anybody see issues with 82-85% CPU being used? I have few kitchen sink presets and with the Preamp and High Quality I'm in that range.
I generally run at 85% without any issues -- and I use an outboard MIDI controller rather than an FC; I have no idea how using an FC plays into CPU usage.
If you're not playing live, staying at or above the "WARNING" range is more or less 'use at your own risk'. Playing live, keeping it closer to the recommended 80% just seems the logical approach.

I play live a lot, and many of my presets use 80-85 %. I never had problems with stability or sound, but I noticed that in FC-12 reacts with some delay in heavy memory presets, like it uses the resources last.

... I noticed that in FC-12 reacts with some delay in heavy memory presets, like it uses the resources last.
That's your Axe-Fx saving your tone by sacrificing FC-12 performance. If you dialed back your CPU a few percent, it wouldn't have to do that.

When that starts to happen, you're very close to automatic shutdown of one or more blocks (usually Reverb) in an effort to avert a crash. Keep counting on that luck if you want to, but I wouldn't.

Last edited:
A really good friend of mine developed a semiconductor manufacturing process for making flash

He worked at it for a long time; made good

1990s
That's awesome, I'm an EE (although I mainly deal with software architecture now). I used to work for American Megatrends Inc. in Atlanta (if you're old enough to remember AMI BIOS, and SCSI RAID controllers).

Last edited:
nonstopinputclippingwarning
Reduce your A/D Sensitivity level (Global Settings -> I/O) to about 15%, that should get rid of it. You may not have to set it that low, depending on your pickups, their height, etc. Play around with it.

Last edited:
WARNING!!! Dyna-Cab data WILL change for the final release version and any presets you create with this public beta may need to be manually edited to correct shifts in the location of the cabinets. If you are not comfortable with this caveat do NOT install this firmware.

The firmware is now comprised of two components: a main firmware image and a Dyna-Cab data image. BOTH must be installed in the correct order: firmware first, Dyna-Cab data last.

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. If you haven't already, download new Fractal-Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Extract the appropriate version for your operating system from the archive.

2. Download firmware files:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta7.zip

Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed. If you have already installed the Dyna-Cab data for the previous public beta you can skip this step.
Amazing stuff! I assume since its a beta that this request is fine here.
But I was really hoping that the mic selections will soon offer an SM7B as the Dynamic, the BeyerDynamic M160 (vintage version) as the ribbon. And a U67 as the Condenser.
The reason for these mic requests is because an SM7B its like a fuller bigger and better sounding sm57. Its essentially an sm57 on steroids in the right way. I always select it over a 57 in all IR packs ive ever bought when they are available. Its a no-nrainer at least to me.
The Beyerdynamic M160 (vintage grey version) because its just a massively deep and articulate sounding ribbon that opens up nicer than a standard royer in my opinion and suits cabs alot better in my opinion,.
And the U67 is the perfect condenser. No words can describe perfect that mic is.

But there are other nice mics too like obviously an MD421 (modern black), e609 and other great mics as ideal industry standards as well.

Amazing stuff! I assume since its a beta that this request is fine here.
But I was really hoping that the mic selections will soon offer an SM7B as the Dynamic, the BeyerDynamic M160 (vintage version) as the ribbon. And a U67 as the Condenser.
The reason for these mic requests is because an SM7B its like a fuller bigger and better sounding sm57. Its essentially an sm57 on steroids in the right way. I always select it over a 57 in all IR packs ive ever bought when they are available. Its a no-nrainer at least to me.
The Beyerdynamic M160 (vintage grey version) because its just a massively deep and articulate sounding ribbon that opens up nicer than a standard royer in my opinion and suits cabs alot better in my opinion,.
And the U67 is the perfect condenser. No words can describe perfect that mic is.

But there are other nice mics too like obviously an MD421 (modern black), e609 and other great mics as ideal industry standards as well.
I’m sure the third party IR folks (York Audio, OwnHammer, etc.) will have different DynaCab + Mic combinations. But for the default sound, the classics make more sense (SM57 + Royer 121). I do wish the mic type was just a drop down for a specific mic (SM57, SM7B, etc.) instead of three mic classes because the current classes reflect a real mic as it stands. Who knows, maybe it will end up something like that, from the sound of it, it may be a space issue.

Discussing Mic selection/choice is like discussing religion .... or discussing which modeler is the best one. We alle have our favorites and preferences and we will NEVER come to an answer that pleases all..... Although we know the answer of the last one ... that is why we are here - right? ;)). Let Mr. Chase and his magnificent team make the decision, play our beloved instruments, enjoy our Fractal gear and be happy :).
Just my 2 cents....
Greetings from Norway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom