Whats Cliff doing now?

Can the direction of the mic placement be freely configured? Not at all trying to diss, but it looks like only one direction is available and I'm concerened if that gives competitors an excuse to claim superiority over Fractal. AFAIK in Amplitube, virtual mics can be placed on anywhere on the virtual speakers (north/south/west/east)
Nobody has seen the upcoming Fractal version of this so at best you'll get speculations. I'd suggest waiting until a beta is out at least.

I think for people new to Fractal
If he lines up the Amp like say 5153
With the corresponding cab and impedance, it’s will improve the exp
People have been asking for matching cabs forever
Maybe now Bank one of just the amp models can have Amp/impedance/cab all set by default
Let's hope this isn't the case! Most of the time a matching cab is not what I want, especially if I am thinking about a head or rack based setup, even in the AX3. I really don't want to have go switch a "default" cab back to my standard V30s, everytime I decide I might want to try another amp for a mix for a client or even my own stuff.

Let's hope this isn't the case! Most of the time a matching cab is not what I want, especially if I am thinking about a head or rack based setup, even in the AX3. I really don't want to have go switch a "default" cab back to my standard V30s, everytime I decide I might want to try another amp for a mix for a client or even my own stuff.
We obviously don’t know yet but you can just save your cab in block library as JamesV30 then just load it back in or save it in a template

We obviously don’t know yet but you can just save your cab in block library as JamesV30 then just load it back in or save it in a template
Yeah, I know and have already done the block library and created templates for most things. Just hoping that defaults will only apply to combo amps. There are way too many great cab choices that aren't default for most heads and rack based pre and power amp choices.
Let's see where this goes. I love the idea of the ability to tweak mic placement without having to switch to another IR.

Zach Galifianakis Thumbs Up GIF

I gotta say that I find this very disturbing and disappointing, Cliff. For the sake of all that is holy, remove that plastic film on that screen.

Also, this is going to be so friggin' goofy when we can attach modifiers to some of these parameters. A pedal that controls mic distance? Simulation of bespoke rotary cabs also seems viable now. Super hype. Thanks for consistently pushing the envelope, to the whole team!

Edit: Cliff has noted that this feature is being beta tested on Mark I units.

I have a feeling that due to the advancements made in the Cab block, this update may only be accessible to Mark II or Turbo users. If so, that would be understandable and does not make my Mark I unit any lesser than in the sound department. However, it would be really exciting to try it out.

I know that we'll find out that and everything else in due time. In the meanwhile, it's certainly fun to think of the tone shaping possibilities.

Last edited:
Intermittent fasting.

I haven't done this in quite a while but is really great for your health and mental state. I also ate mostly vegetarian for 6 weeks or so a few years ago had similar effects, but it was harder to manage than intermittent fasting. Cutting 1/2 the calorie intake can nearly double lifespan and greatly reduce a lot of potential illness.

I gotta say that I find this very disturbing and disappointing, Cliff. For the sake of all that is holy, remove that plastic film on that screen.

Also, this is going to be so friggin' goofy when we can attach modifiers to some of these parameters. A pedal that controls mic distance? Simulation of bespoke rotary cabs also seems viable now. Super hype. Thanks for consistently pushing the envelope, to the whole team!
I think you're making a leap that these controls will allow modifier assignment...

Back
Top Bottom