NGPD - Parts is parts....

I was eyeing the bridge alignment too, but the guitar is at an angle in the picture, so I just angled the phone and it looked way less wonky. But I'm also eyeing the alignment of the middle saddle screw with the body's bookmatch line. But if you used the neck pocket and bridge pickup I guess it's fine! Looks awesome, by the way.

I was eyeing the bridge alignment too, but the guitar is at an angle in the picture, so I just angled the phone and it looked way less wonky. But I'm also eyeing the alignment of the middle saddle screw with the body's bookmatch line. But if you used the neck pocket and bridge pickup I guess it's fine! Looks awesome, by the way.

Oof. Double checked it this morning, and it is crooked. Template must've shifted. The treble side screw is correct. Will glue small dowels in the other three holes, and re-mark and re-drill the others....

Easy fix nothing to worry about.
20221215_223754.jpg

Found a 4 foot 1/8" poplar dowel for 67 cents at Lowes. Basswood was also available in 1/8", but is a softer hardwood, IIRC, so I opted for the poplar.

Will fit nicely in the holes with just an RCH to spare for the glue. Once the glue's dried, I can use the bridge and the one correctly-located screw hole to line it up right next time, mark my holes, and re-drill....

Also got 100 #4 × 1" pan head phillips sheet metal screws for $9.49 at Ace Hardware, so I am set for 49 more Tele neck pickups after this one.... :D

Why copper foil under a copper plate ? (or steel) It makes no difference at all. The only place that it would make a difference is around the coil and then it has a negative effect on the treble response. Also foil in the control cavity is pointless because the pots have grounded backs. Just use screened out put wire to the jack and you have it as covered as it could be. But honestly don't listen to me on this because I often have to rip out aluminium foil that is shorting things that customers have put in because of the "internet". I personally have never found it helpful but you have it all done neatly and it won't affect anything negatively (or at all IME:tearsofjoy:)

Last edited:
Why copper foil under a copper plate ? (or steel) It makes no difference at all. The only place that it would make a difference is around the coil and then it has a negative effect on the treble response.

I went around the sides of the rout also. Between the bridge plate and the foil, I should be almost 100% shielded for the bridge pickup. The foil on the rout's sides is far enough from the coil that it should not bother the treble response. Both pickups have had their twisted cloth insulated wires replaced with a 2+ foil shielded wire as well.

Also foil in the control cavity is pointless because the pots have grounded backs. Just use screened out put wire to the jack and you have it as covered as it could be.

Will be using shielded wire for the jack.

Shielded controls help with the hashy EMI from things like nearby computer peripherals. My mouse is noisy AF due to the stupid light show it does, fading from color to color via PWM LED lighting that throws off an incredible amount of noise, nearly negating any advantages of using a wired mouse vs. a wireless one....

20221218_185958_0.jpg

Mostly done. Roughed in the setup to make it playable. Needs a strap, or a set of straploks so I can re-use my old '90s strap. Needs a Rutters '3/8 over' control plate. Reused the old Fender one from the red Tele that got replaced with a Rutters one last year-ish to get it rolling.

Plays and sounds nice already. Will be amazing when the last little adjustments are done and it gets its first set of Stringjoys....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom