Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just been much easier to find a decent IR since Cygnus, not necessarily any particular IR length. It also plays well with much longer IRs in plugins.
For these, I would ask...
(1) Have you removed all related cuts that might have been in place?
(2) Are you guys mostly chuggers? ;)
And I guess you may simply need another IR.
Thanks anyway, as I can't hear this firmware yet.

Here's my comparison of beta 2 vs beta 1 using Recto 2 and the Maxon. This is my first time ever reamping something so I hope I did it correctly. Same settings for both but I reset the amp and drive blocks beforehand just in case. First half is beta 2, second half is beta 1.

In beta 2, it sounds/feels a bit more boomy in the low end or perhaps low mids. Not sure if that sort of thing will come across in this clip or if I'm imagining it.

Also I'm sure most people will find this to be fizzy garbage. Sounds ferocious to me. :cool:

sounds great for the riffs you play and I much prefer the first clip, thanks for this.

For these, I would ask...
(1) Have you removed all related cuts that might have been in place?
(2) Are you guys mostly chuggers? ;)
And I guess you may simply need another IR.
Thanks anyway, as I can't hear this firmware yet.
No, still lot of cuts needed on rectos
Yes, chug is life :)

Here's my comparison of beta 2 vs beta 1 using Recto 2 and the Maxon. This is my first time ever reamping something so I hope I did it correctly. Same settings for both but I reset the amp and drive blocks beforehand just in case. First half is beta 2, second half is beta 1.

In beta 2, it sounds/feels a bit more boomy in the low end or perhaps low mids. Not sure if that sort of thing will come across in this clip or if I'm imagining it.

Also I'm sure most people will find this to be fizzy garbage. Sounds ferocious to me. :cool:

If its a matter of preference, I find b2 (the first half of the clip) to my ears sounds fuller and more balanced, I'm not getting boomy at all. Balanced across the spectrum.

Again, subjectively, b1 sounds thinner, slightly harsher, and not as balanced as b2.

If its about there being a difference, definitely to my ears there is and I agree with your assertion, b2 is a bit bassier, but I'm not getting boomy...maybe smoother... but it'd take a Cliff to explain the why.

If I had to work quickly with a gun to my head I'd say b1 might sit in a mix better than b2 as they currently stand, but overall I think the first half (b2) sounds slightly ballsier and slightly more brutal.

I agree that b1 sounds more defined and clear as it has a little less bass. I think it works better in a mix and is also more pleasing to my ears

I think theres a few less bees buzzing in the second clip.... when does the guitar playing start ;)

If its a matter of preference, I find b2 (the first half of the clip) to my ears sounds fuller and more balanced, I'm not getting boomy at all. Balanced across the spectrum.

Again, subjectively, b1 sounds thinner, slightly harsher, and not as balanced as b2.

If its about there being a difference, definitely to my ears there is and I agree with your assertion, b2 is a bit bassier, but I'm not getting boomy...maybe smoother... but it'd take a Cliff to explain the why.

If I had to work quickly with a gun to my head I'd say b1 might sit in a mix better than b2 as they currently stand, but overall I think the first half (b2) sounds slightly ballsier and slightly more brutal.

Thanks for your detailed assessment. In the end I'll be happy with whatever the final version sounds like. I was going for a sort of early 2000's Deftones/Helmet kind of sound but you could probably tell that already. It's a bit messy sounding alone but I think it'll be exactly what I need in a mix.

I'm not insecure, you're insecure.

What happens if you change the boost from Maxon to TS9 , OCD
Or Hot Cake
I think mud mentioned Maxon is now starting to smear the lows and does not play as nice as before
See if that brings them closer

I'll go to town on this reamping stuff tonight. Happy to help.

I understand that Master Volume on ODS has a bright cap. But would somebody please explain this in layman's terms:
The bright cap works with the master volume pot in that the higher you turn up the master the less high end you get -The lower the master is set the more high-end you get . It’s just the signal seeking the path of least resistance - that path is the cap so, as you increase the resistance of the pot the signal travels through the cap instead of the pot.

What happens if you change the boost from Maxon to TS9 , OCD
Or Hot Cake
I think mud mentioned Maxon is now starting to smear the lows and does not play as nice as before
See if that brings them closer
Exactly this yes. Cool to read that as sometimes I’m not sure I’m clearly understood as I am not « English » .
I used an od boost as a final solution when a high gain Amp needs to be more focused and tight sounding . after many test, the maxon was the one that don’t do a mid bump and not color the amp, but just add a little bit of the precision i like. And the previous version was like the original I owned, because I own tons of od pedals before choosing one. With the latest betas the sound lost precision with the maxon. I tried the others od and now the ts9 is the king . This is what I expect from a boost . Then if it’s accurate, not accurate … don’t know. But something has changed yes . As the amps are more and more dirty to make them sound more realistic, maybe the combinaison is now dirty too 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom