Redwirez Is Shutting Down

KαΩSS

Just opened the Redwirez site and found this:

Letter from Redwirez Founder​

Sorry. We're shutting down the company.

Redwirez has never generated enough revenue to quit my day job. It's been a labor of love. I kinda suck at making those critical, financially-driven decisions needed to turn a healthy profit. I just wanted to make cool stuff.

Age and inattention to my health is catching up with me. Growing responsibilities at my day job, a nasty case of carpal tunnel, worsening tinnitus and the coup de grace — two torn ligaments in the thumb on my fretting hand — have made it too difficult to continue.

But fear not, product downloads and email support will be available to existing customers for at least a year (Oct 10, 2023). If minor bugs arise, we'll do our best to fix them.

We spent the last few months rewriting the convolution engine to work natively on Apple Silicon — thank you VERY much, Apple. And we added a VST3 version. All so mixIR3 could continue to work well into the future.

Thanks for all your support over the years. I wish you all the best of luck with your musical endeavors. There's some super talented folks among you. Good bye.

—mike (Oct 10, 2022)

It's unfortunate to see them close shop. Probably the only developer that allowed returns for IRs. It was very generous, but was probably misused by a few. Also they didn't have any sort of DRM on their software products, which is really appreciated. Would have been great to see more releases from them.

For whatever reason, my account is not letting me log in. Anyone else having this problem?

Just opened the Redwirez site and found this:

It's unfortunate to see them close shop. Probably the only developer that allowed returns for IRs. It was very generous, but was probably misused by a few. Also they didn't have any sort of DRM on their software products, which is really appreciated. Would have been great to see more releases from them.
Very sad to hear. I have a bunch of their IR's and love them.

Back
Top Bottom