Waitlist Email

A 20%refundable deposit for the waitlist would separate the men from the boys. Seems a little unruly if you have invites floating around forever who can jump the line with zero skin in the game.
Maybe a guaranteed
24 hr purchase window and after that you go to the back of the line? Option for text/email/phone waitlist notifications?
I offered to pay for my FM9 in full up front, just send mine as soon as they hit the loading dock at Fractal Audio! With FA being hamstrung by the pandemic, and/or the supply chain back-up, I figured that Fractal Audio would be suffering some financial hardship with not being able to sell what’s shakin’ out to be a very popular product in the FM9. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I am trying to see how much more I need to save, I am pretty far down the wait list. With the new price of 1699.99, is it 7% sales tax?
$1818.99 + Shipping What are you paying for shipping? I am in Ohio so just curious. Thanks!
$1866.60 to southern Ohio as of today..

Awesome! Thanks for the info! $536 more to go! Lol

Anyone want to buy an ESP M-207 7 String!?!?! :) $300 plus shipping.
“Back in the day” I had an MII deluxe. What a great shredder that guitar was. 1699 out of 48th street custom in NYC, probably 1990 or so.

Like I said, it used to be your invite did not expire. Whatever.

I’ve bought:

2 ultras
2 IIs
2 IIIs
2 MFC
2 FC12s
Cab packs
Etc.

That’s about 15k I’d guess.
They didn't expire (So people are saying. On all the old waitlists I've been on, they did expire". But what do you do when you are a company and unforeseen to you, suddenly a key component you require to make the product becomes unavailable yet you sent invites to purchase said product. You have to break your commitment to supply that product until you have more of the components. Things kind of become a mess from there with invites out there unused and some used and some told "we're out" all you can do is cope as best you can. It is a force majeure and no one can be held responsible.

Agreed. Keeping invitations open is an awesomely generous thing to do that no other company would do, but I think the supply chain issues forced some business decisions that were painful to make. FAS is a shining example of how to take care of customers, so much so that they lead by example, but still, sometimes they have to change, whether it annoys customers or not.

Agreed. Thinking it through further, I have less sympathy for those that received invited and deliberately delayed making the purchase.

Mainly because I deliberately delayed getting added to the waitlist for a couple of days because I had no pressing need for the FM9. I personally did not immediately join the waitlist because I had no immediate intention of buying it. Months later, I did have compelling reasons to get one, but they were sold out. Now, I will gladly buy one shortly after receiving an invite. This gives me less sympathy for those that immediately joined the waitlist with no intention of immediately buying the FM9.

Not to mention, I seem to recall the FM9 invite did not "technically" expire. However, the invite was "technically" for the FM9 and the FM9 is still out of stock. Now, the FM9 Turbo is being sold. ;)

Okay. My panties were in a bundle. They are now unbundled and I feel better.

There is literally nothing stopping them from honoring the original invites. They don’t send out more than can satisfy over a few days. If an old one comes in, you send one less Thursday.
As I've said, at the same time they have to think of those who have yet to get an invite and the difference between the waitlist email is 24 hours from you and another person. One could say you had the opportunity to buy one so why should you get another opportunity when someone who joined the waitlist less than a day later still hasn't had one opportunity?

I get your frustration but you have to think of others who have been waiting a year and never had a chance lol

Sales basically told me tough luck, you had your chance back then. And there was something you had to do to maintain your place on line, that I never heard of.

It’s fine, I’ll stick with my IIIs and save myself 4K.
Did you attempt to buy or inquire about the FM9 back when you received the invite? Maybe Fractal is concerned that people who passed/didn't respond to the initial invites would possibly buy them now to flip since there is profit to be made on the used market? I'm in no way accusing/suggesting that is your intention. Just curious if that's their thought process.

Similar to AnalogMan and the KOT. Those invites never expire. Their wait time has grown in years because years old invites are now being actioned as people can easily double or triple their money on one. I got on that list 9/18/2018 and they've just recently started sending out invites to 2018 dates.

They know who I am based on my purchase history. And I went to multiple NY Amp Shows, the Bostonfest and bought one for cash at their offices. I can make $500 a lot easier than flipping a FM9.
Again, I was speaking/guessing in general terms why a company with Fractal's customer service would draw a hard line in this case. If that's their reasoning, it's unfortunate you got caught out considering your prior relationships with the company.

Agreed. Thinking it through further, I have less sympathy for those that received invited and deliberately delayed making the purchase.

Mainly because I deliberately delayed getting added to the waitlist for a couple of days because I had no pressing need for the FM9. I personally did not immediately join the waitlist because I had no immediate intention of buying it. Months later, I did have compelling reasons to get one, but they were sold out. Now, I will gladly buy one shortly after receiving an invite. This gives me less sympathy for those that immediately joined the waitlist with no intention of immediately buying the FM9.

Not to mention, I seem to recall the FM9 invite did not "technically" expire. However, the invite was "technically" for the FM9 and the FM9 is still out of stock. Now, the FM9 Turbo is being sold. ;)

Okay. My panties were in a bundle. They are now unbundled and I feel better.
It’s a tough series of decisions and sometimes the dice roll our way and sometimes we yell CRAP!

The “old” FM9 is a real workhorse. The Turbo has a bit more steroids in it.

A list of people reporting ordering a Turbo (which constitutes everyone reporting ordering a FM9 since the reshipping began):

Hackdog Waitlist: Oct 21 MISSED didn't use - Invite 8/10/22
Theopen Waitlist: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST, Invite 8/16/22 1:42 PM EST
A Silver Lining: Waitlist '21 MISSED- reorder date unknown. Invite 8/16/21
flcmcya: Waitlist 8/28 07:36AM EST Invite 8/16/22
phillyred79: Waitlist 8/28/21 @ 7:13am EST Invite: 08/15/22 @ 1:05am EST
dsimms: Waitlist 8/27/21 MISSED reorder 8/15/22
Holgar: Waitlist Aug '21 MISSED reordered Aug/11/22
lqdsnddist: Ordered using the link from my original FM9 invitation 10/12/2021 on 8/10/22
drgary: Waitlist 8/29/21 6:03am EST Invite 8/10/22 (must have been a missed/reorder)

Last reported waitlist time served: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST

Back
Top Bottom