Waitlist Email

A list of people reporting ordering a Turbo (which constitutes everyone reporting ordering a FM9 since the reshipping began):

Hackdog Waitlist: Oct 21 MISSED didn't use - Invite 8/10/22
Theopen Waitlist: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST, Invite 8/16/22 1:42 PM EST
A Silver Lining: Waitlist '21 MISSED- reorder date unknown. Invite 8/16/21
flcmcya: Waitlist 8/28 07:36AM EST Invite 8/16/22
phillyred79: Waitlist 8/28/21 @ 7:13am EST Invite: 08/15/22 @ 1:05am EST
dsimms: Waitlist 8/27/21 MISSED reorder 8/15/22
Holgar: Waitlist Aug '21 MISSED reordered Aug/11/22
lqdsnddist: Ordered using the link from my original FM9 invitation 10/12/2021 on 8/10/22
drgary: Waitlist 8/29/21 6:03am EST Invite 8/10/22 (must have been a missed/reorder)

Last reported waitlist time served: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST
For those keeping track, I did not miss an invitation to order nor was mine a reorder. The last reported invitation last year was to someone who got on the wait list before me. Nevertheless, my FM9 is supposed to arrive today so I anticipate being too sick to go to work tomorrow. :)

I am trying to see how much more I need to save, I am pretty far down the wait list. With the new price of 1699.99, is it 7% sales tax?
$1818.99 + Shipping What are you paying for shipping? I am in Ohio so just curious. Thanks!
Mine was the cheapest shipping option (ground) and going to central Ohio, it's ~$1862 (think it's 7.5%)

A list of people reporting ordering a Turbo (which constitutes everyone reporting ordering a FM9 since the reshipping began):

Hackdog Waitlist: Oct 21 MISSED didn't use - Invite 8/10/22
Theopen Waitlist: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST, Invite 8/16/22 1:42 PM EST
A Silver Lining: Waitlist '21 MISSED- reorder date unknown. Invite 8/16/21
flcmcya: Waitlist 8/28 07:36AM EST Invite 8/16/22
phillyred79: Waitlist 8/28/21 @ 7:13am EST Invite: 08/15/22 @ 1:05am EST
dsimms: Waitlist 8/27/21 MISSED reorder 8/15/22
Holgar: Waitlist Aug '21 MISSED reordered Aug/11/22
lqdsnddist: Ordered using the link from my original FM9 invitation 10/12/2021 on 8/10/22
drgary: Waitlist 8/29/21 6:03am EST Invite 8/10/22 (must have been a missed/reorder)

Last reported waitlist time served: 8/28/21 7:50AM EST

My waitlist 8/27/21 8:12pm. MISSED. Haven't gotten a re-invited yetšŸ˜©

Last edited:
It ends with losing me as a customer since 2008.

For reference sake, I have never purchased Exxon gasoline after the Valdez accident. When they merged with Mobil, I added them my list of businesses I will not support. A few others are BP and anything owned by the Koch brothers (I know the one died).

And I understand those companies supply others and I may inadvertently purchasing some of their products indirectly.

However, as customers the only way we can show our disapproval is to become past customers.

So they win this round, Iā€™m denied purchase, but they lost the war of ever having me buy a new product from them again.

So your never going to buy another product from the company you want to buy a new product from because they arenā€™t letting you buy a new product you previously didnā€™t elect to purchase the older version of at the exact time you want to be able to buy it ???

I checked. I got the announcement email on 8/31 at 1:38pm Mountain time and a waitlist confirmation at 1:39pm. I sure hope this round gets that far. Has the waitlist been growing for the past year? It did they close it down after they ran out so fast?

I checked. I got the announcement email on 8/31 at 1:38pm Mountain time and a waitlist confirmation at 1:39pm. I sure hope this round gets that far. Has the waitlist been growing for the past year? It did they close it down after they ran out so fast?
It's been growing. I'm 8/30 around noon mountain time. I'm not getting my hopes up but you never know!

So your never going to buy another product from the company you want to buy a new product from because they arenā€™t letting you buy a new product you previously didnā€™t elect to purchase the older version of at the exact time you want to be able to buy it ???
That sums it up precisely! Theres plenty more toys in the pram ;)

It's been growing. I'm 8/30 around noon mountain time. I'm not getting my hopes up but you never know!
Well, at least thatā€™s better than joining now! Weā€™re still in August of last year. At least thereā€™s a possibility of getting one by Christmas. I havenā€™t tried Fractal since the AX8. Now I have the new Bose L1 Pro 32 with the Sub 2. Iā€™m hoping this is significantly better than the AX8 into a QSC K10. I canā€™t imagine that itā€™s not a totally different league.

Well, at least thatā€™s better than joining now! Weā€™re still in August of last year. At least thereā€™s a possibility of getting one by Christmas. I havenā€™t tried Fractal since the AX8. Now I have the new Bose L1 Pro 32 with the Sub 2. Iā€™m hoping this is significantly better than the AX8 into a QSC K10. I canā€™t imagine that itā€™s not a totally different league.
Oh yeah you'll love it lol I think they said there will be another batch hopefully by the end of summer as well

Oh yeah you'll love it lol I think they said there will be another batch hopefully by the end of summer as well
Yeah they did. Hopefully they can get three days into the wait list with two batches! Good for them for making such an in demand product, but how disheartening for people getting on the list now.

It ends with losing me as a customer since 2008.

For reference sake, I have never purchased Exxon gasoline after the Valdez accident. When they merged with Mobil, I added them my list of businesses I will not support. A few others are BP and anything owned by the Koch brothers (I know the one died).

And I understand those companies supply others and I may inadvertently purchasing some of their products indirectly.

However, as customers the only way we can show our disapproval is to become past customers.

So they win this round, Iā€™m denied purchase, but they lost the war of ever having me buy a new product from them again.
You 100% can handle it however you see fit, but this is hardly an oil spill... and you DID have a legit chance to buy it once already and you passed on it, that's not their fault. You coulda been playing it for the past year, I'm still hoping for my 1st chance soon, which I WILL capitalize on, my choice.

Besides, you'd have to change your avatar tagline from "Fractal Fanatic" to "Fractal Scorned"... Is it really worth it?!? No judgement from me though. Hope you stay a fan and in the community.

Yeah they did. Hopefully they can get three days into the wait list with two batches! Good for them for making such an in demand product, but how disheartening for people getting on the list now.

Thing to remember though is that this too shall pass. I remember when the II came out, then the ax8, the III, etc. was one the wait list for all of those things, and as badly as I wanted it at the time, it in time became an item I sold off, moved onto the next new thing.

Ax8 was and still is a great product, but given current offerings, I wouldnā€™t still want to use it today. As such, seems a little silly to have wasted so much emotions into getting one back in the day, right?

In time the fm9 turbo will be yesterdays news, readily in stock, probably even on sale to help move them, because we all will be on the list talking about whatever the new hotness is.

Itā€™s a fun ride of course, but there is always going to be something else coming along so donā€™t lose heart not being able to have the latest and greatest as soon as possible because sooner or later itā€™s probably going to be sold off and forgotten about lol

I also have a modest proposal instead of waitlistā€¦ā€¦, a FAS frequent customer punch card. Each time you buy a new product you get a stamp. Once you get 5 stamps on your card you can redeem your card for a ā€œskip the lineā€ benefit.

I bought 10 subs and they gave me one free, I bought a bunch of FAS gear and they will let me buy another one ASAP!

I think people would like the idea ;)

Back
Top Bottom