Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Has anyone else found that 19.06 converts external expression 1 and 2 to Pedals 1 & 2. All my presets have a volume pedal at the end of the chain......it took a bit of detective work to find out why I was not getting an output.
Mine hasn’t done that. I use pedals 1 and 2 for volume and Wah. They both work exactly as they did before I upgraded from 19.04

I have a lot of trouble hearing subtle differences - have to rely on tools in addition to ears to evaluate differences. If 2 slightly different sounds are repeatedly played back to back no more than a couple of seconds between changes, then I can usually discern such differences, but if the two sounds are played hours (even minutes) apart, I can't do it. It's like my memory of a given tone fades super fast.

Is there a way to select or increment/decrement the active song in a set list from the front panel, or is this only possible using the foot controller? I can live with doing this exclusively with the foot controller, but I have already encountered situations when it is helpful to do this from the front panel.

The new 19.06 Transformer Matching: and Speaker Impedance changed the sound of my amp presets. It got fatter and thicker with 19.06. I went back to 19.04 and got the sharp cutting edge back (that's what I prefer).

The blinking screen on preset change has already been fixed for the next release.

I noticed that when changing presets using 19.06 with the FC-12 it now takes about a full second for the new footswitch light you step on to come on. The actual sound of the new preset appears quicker, but the footswitch light takes about a second to come on. I never noticed it taking this long before. Is this normal behavior, or will this be fixed in the next release also?

Yep, I'm seeing the slower preset changes on the FC-12 too. About a second to update the status on the FC. Scene, layout, effect, etc. change status updates are still fast though.

Has anyone else found that 19.06 converts external expression 1 and 2 to Pedals 1 & 2. All my presets have a volume pedal at the end of the chain......it took a bit of detective work to find out why I was not getting an output.
I saw that my wah block was changed on about 4-5 presets out of 18 or so to External 1 when it was set to FC1 Pedal 1. The functionality wasn't affected however. I have my expression plugged into my FC1 and with it set to External 1, it was still wocka wocka-ing.

The new 19.06 Transformer Matching: and Speaker Impedance changed the sound of my amp presets. It got fatter and thicker with 19.06. I went back to 19.04 and got the sharp cutting edge back (that's what I prefer).
its super interesting how it affects different people's presets, I had the opposite experience.
I thought the firmware actually removed a bit of that low mid buildup that happens sometimes and that made the top end a little more open
also I noticed on some models a bit less compression , I think it sounds really good

When switching from preset 665 to 666, I think for a very short space of time it flashed "SATAN!!!"
Maybe it's just my eyes?
All the above is a joke guys!

Thanks Cliff for being like the only company that sells something and it gets better even a year later.
interesting display man had to zoom in a bit haha

Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”.
I notice that from front panel some amp models still say "Voice Coil Resistance" (e.g. Suhr Badger, MB Chiefman, Dlx Tweed) while most others say "Speaker Impedance".

Last edited:
I notice that some amp models still have "Voice Coil Resistance" such as Suhr Badger, MB Chiefman, Dlx Tweed
On Axe Edit version 1.11.01 they are fine. But I can confirm that on the Axe front panel it does still say Voice Coil Resistance. Good catch yyz67.

Back
Top Bottom