FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the AxeII days, I had 2 external switches connected to the MFC where one was defined as Vol inc' and the other as Vol dec'.
This has allowed me to decrease or increase the volume over the scene I was on and it also auto saved that.

So, is that the same or it works differently?
Is there a need to define a specific button for that?

Asking out of curiosity as I have not update the FW yet, prefer to wait for the final release.
I don't use it now or with the MFC but I believe so.

The rule "never reboot the server before coffee" applies to may things besides rebooting servers....

Yes indeed....and let's not forget it's corollary: "no firewall tweaks on a Friday afternoon after an all you can eat pasta themed lunch buffet."

Nothing good can come from that; one is simply to stunned for logical thinking, and the only goal is to stay awake until quitting time :oops:

Patience...

The FM9 still has dedicated reverb processing, and two amp blocks, and more buttons.

We had a similar, albeit not as lengthy period where FM3 was waiting to get new updates from recent AFX3 implementations. I am confident that once the FM9 codebase has been refactored and optimised we will have updates as frequently as the AFX3 and FM3 have had. I wouldn't be surprised if we skip an official 2.x release and skip straight to 3.x or get it very soon after; just as we did with FM3.

I have a gig Saturday. I will have the FM3 there as backup to my FM9 so I was thinking of just using the tuner on it for now. Hopefully we'll get a new firmware this week! I've got the fm9 on the side and an FC-12 out front so it should be good.

Hopefully we'll get a new firmware this week!

I'm very hopeful for this as well. After two years of inaction my band is finally about to gig in early May and I've been configuring the FM9 for live use/rehearsals as of late and getting it into production. The workflow/use/power of the FM9 vs the AX8 and FM3 is necessitating some rethinking of my approaches to presets and how I'm going to use the device.

It would be nice to have the newest modeling and various bug fixes (momentary switch issue, choppy tuner, laggy FM9-Edit, laggy display updates, slow preset changes, etc.) as soon as possible...I can work around all of that for now but man, I'm really anticipating the CNFB modeling to go forward with here.

@Admin M@, etc. can we possibly get a status update at some point?

I kinda wanna try the Beta but I am waiting for the final. I'm always afraid the Beta will treat my unit like it's name is Chris Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom